flights

Old Jun 16th 2001, 10:24 am
Kevin

I have booked a flight which has a connection in philedelphia. Will my visa and
stuff be processed in philedlphia? Or will it be sorted out when I get to Chicago? I
am only in philedelphia for just over 2 hours. Is this enough time to sort
everything out?

Any help would be great

Kevin

Old Jun 16th 2001, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

smldnabjp is an unknown quantity at this point

check out this page:
http://www.k1poelist.com/

It does have many listings for philadelphia, but you might want to check other poe's to see how long it took for people to get processed in general. for me two hours might be cutting it a bit close, depending on the time of day and how busy the airport is at that time. because after immigration you still need to go through customs
Old Jun 16th 2001, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Harry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the rough

I'm sure it will be processed in Philadelphia. The flight from Philadelphia to Chicago will be a domestic one...you won't even go through immigration at all in Chicago.
Old Jun 16th 2001, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

tenderheartuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Kevin
I have booked a flight which has a connection in philedelphia. Will my visa and
stuff be processed in philedlphia? Or will it be sorted out when I get to Chicago? I
am only in philedelphia for just over 2 hours. Is this enough time to sort
everything out?

Any help would be great

Kevin
on june 1st 2001 I arrived in the US via Philladelphia from England. I too had only 2 hours before my connecting flight to Kansas. I got through immigration in about 1hour & 15 mins. I admit I was a bit panicky! But once through immigration customs & getting to your next flight is very quick.
Try not to worry, the line is long & slow moving but you will get there!!!
Good luck.
Karen
Old Jun 16th 2001, 10:18 pm
Shawn Seabrook

>
visa
    >
get
    >
    >
    >
    >

I've come through Philly a couple of times from London. Reasonably fast Customs desk,
and one of those airports where the non-US citizen queue seems to go down a lot
faster than the USC one. Probably because Philly's not as big a tourist attraction
as, say, CVG (Cincinnati - North Kentucky) on Kentucky Derby week or any of the New
York airports at any time. I've been in and out in no more than 40 minutes on each
occasion. http://www.phl.org/ to get a layout of the airport... just so you can go
through the route between gates online beforehand. It won't take you more than 20
minutes at a reasonable pace to get from international arrivals in Terminal A to
wherever you're going to.

One piece of advice... for some of the gates, you need to go down flights of stairs
that look like they don't lead to a departure area. Just ask anyone in a uniform if
you're not too sure and they'll set you right.

Good luck. Shawn. www.shawnseabrook.com