Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Flight time.................................

Flight time.................................

Old Aug 19th 2006, 4:55 am
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future
Default Flight time.................................

Hey Brits,

I was wondering if any of you could recommend any good sites for flights at the moment, e.g ones that offer multiple comparisons like Booking Buddy.....

Cheers

Lee
Old Aug 19th 2006, 5:01 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flight time.................................

Originally Posted by waxwabbit
Hey Brits,

I was wondering if any of you could recommend any good sites for flights at the moment, e.g ones that offer multiple comparisons like Booking Buddy.....

Cheers

Lee
Mobissimo.com
Kayak.com
Cheapflights.com
Old Aug 19th 2006, 5:02 am
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

Thanks mate

Mobissimo, that was the one I was trying to remember........

Old Aug 19th 2006, 5:06 am
Renegade who has it made

ladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by waxwabbit
Thanks mate

Mobissimo, that was the one I was trying to remember........

was gonna mention kayak.com

there is another one, trying to remember..will come to me

ahhh ok, it's sidestep.com

got a few good deals from sidestep

Last edited by ladygwennie; Aug 19th 2006 at 5:11 am.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 5:42 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you check the price with taxes and fees, because that can kill you. For example, Albuquerque to London: BA usually appears ~$100 cheapest despite having to fly to AZ first, but after taxes they are always ~$200 more than Continental flying Albuquerque - Houston - London.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

If you find a Continental flight is the cheapest on a travel agency site, check it out on continental.com. They have a lowest price guarantee if you book directly with them plus you get bonus miles and sometimes free stuff for booking on their website.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Kate (my missus) has the knack of finding good flights but is shut in a dark room with a migrane at the moment. She did find flights for my son and his girlfriend to come over in two week on Icelandair for an amazing 375 quid each the night before last ! ............ all the rest were over 600.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 7:25 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Since we're on the subject, anyone know the best time to look for a christmas flight to the UK, price-wise?
Old Aug 19th 2006, 10:11 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Since we're on the subject, anyone know the best time to look for a christmas flight to the UK, price-wise?
BA go direct from DFW (not sure if that's close for you), have you signed up for their deals? They have really good ones & they change every 2 weeks. www.ba.com

Let me know if you need more info.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by Partystar
BA go direct from DFW (not sure if that's close for you), have you signed up for their deals? They have really good ones & they change every 2 weeks. www.ba.com

Let me know if you need more info.
Hmmm, I'll sign up. A flight from Austin to DFW would be cheap enough
Thanks I'll look into it!
Old Aug 19th 2006, 10:22 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm, I'll sign up. A flight from Austin to DFW would be cheap enough
Thanks I'll look into it!
No problemo. I love the search system on the ba site, it checks up to 2 weeks either side of your dates to show you the cheapest day, I love it. Plus the online check in, seats requests, meal requests, air miles etc, are very useful.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 10:25 pm

No problemo. I love the search system on the ba site, it checks up to 2 weeks either side of your dates to show you the cheapest day, I love it. Plus the online check in, seats requests, meal requests, air miles etc, are very useful.

When I've used travelocity etc, they always seemed more expensive than AA, United etc, but it would be nice to fly BA
Old Aug 19th 2006, 10:57 pm
Back where I belong!

When I've used travelocity etc, they always seemed more expensive than AA, United etc, but it would be nice to fly BA
They also do deals coming the other way, except they change weekly. I check that side for my Mum all the time. Last week they had a deal for September flights non-stop from LHR to DFW for £350, which isn't bad for this time of year.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 11:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

They also do deals coming the other way, except they change weekly. I check that side for my Mum all the time. Last week they had a deal for September flights non-stop from LHR to DFW for £350, which isn't bad for this time of year.
Did that include the taxes and surcharges.....they usually quote you a price then hit you with the T & S's later. These days its quite a hefty charge.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 12:44 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

NOW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.