Flapjacks

Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:49 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flapjacks

Originally Posted by bored-silly
Just my twopenneth, if you substitute the oats for crushed up Hob Nobs, it is so fab! Makes you teeth melt, mind.
*cough* expensive root canal *cough*

As you were.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:56 am
looking for the corkscrew

bored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
*cough* expensive root canal *cough*

As you were.
clearly that was where I went wrong but oh, soooo good.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:58 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

clearly that was where I went wrong but oh, soooo good.
Who are the people in your avatar, out of interest? (And plain nosiness of course)
Old Dec 12th 2005, 9:06 am
looking for the corkscrew

bored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond repute

Who are the people in your avatar, out of interest? (And plain nosiness of course)
Its a secret - karma for the first person to get it!
Old Dec 14th 2005, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

BlightyBoy is on a distinguished road

Corn syrup is generally used in place of golden syrup in the US. Not so good though is it? Stop and Shop sell it in their international isle.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 1:25 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

They are winner of the 2005 ugly bird contest ...
Old Dec 14th 2005, 1:31 am
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by BlightyBoy
Corn syrup is generally used in place of golden syrup in the US. Not so good though is it? Stop and Shop sell it in their international isle.
Corn syrup instead of Golden Syrup ? Sounds icky to me
Old Dec 14th 2005, 1:34 am

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by Yosser
If it does have to be in there.....what does it look like?
Did you find the almond essence in the end ?
Old Dec 15th 2005, 1:24 am
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TN-Dave
Did you find the almond essence in the end ?
Yep, had to send the ball and chain down to Tom Thumb last night....so there I am 10.00 pm last night knocking up a batch, going precisely by the directions...I pre-heat the oven to 300, whack them in there for 40 mins sat it on the side to cool down forget about them went to bed...I was all excited this morning dashed into the kitchen and found nothing but a gooey mess....maybe an 1" around the outside was edible....the rest went into the rubbish bin...

BOLLOCKS...another failed dish by Delia Yosser smith.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 1:36 am

:scared:

Mate... The only thing I can offer is to try again... If you haven't had flapjacks in years, they are well worth the effort as I'd forgotten how good they taste.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

Caligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really nice

Yep, had to send the ball and chain down to Tom Thumb last night....so there I am 10.00 pm last night knocking up a batch, going precisely by the directions...I pre-heat the oven to 300, whack them in there for 40 mins sat it on the side to cool down forget about them went to bed...I was all excited this morning dashed into the kitchen and found nothing but a gooey mess....maybe an 1" around the outside was edible....the rest went into the rubbish bin...

Dam! Sorry to hear about the mess. Maybe they needed to be cooked a little longer or a tid bit of a higher temp. I've heard that not all ovens are the same! I'm making mine next week at mum's house, cross fingers that mine won't be a flop either....
Old Dec 15th 2005, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by Caligirl4ever
Dam! Sorry to hear about the mess. Maybe they needed to be cooked a little longer or a tid bit of a higher temp. I've heard that not all ovens are the same! I'm making mine next week at mum's house, cross fingers that mine won't be a flop either....
Good luck ! ......... If they are good, send me some !
Old Dec 15th 2005, 4:21 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

is it your crack-dealing neighbours ? or some birds off C -beebies ?
Old Dec 15th 2005, 4:59 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Does your custard have an identity crisis from time to time as well?

Life is like a butterfly
As soft and gentle as a sigh
Her multi-coloured moods of love
Are like his satin wings...
Old Dec 15th 2005, 5:14 am

Does your custard have an identity crisis from time to time as well?

Life is like a butterfly
As soft and gentle as a sigh
Her multi-coloured moods of love
Are like his satin wings...
I haven't heard that song since watching TV back in the UK years ago !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.