British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Fish and Chips (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/fish-chips-471978/)

Gtsnapper Aug 6th 2007 3:02 pm

Fish and Chips

Well firstly I should say Hello, as I've just joined these forums, and thank you, as I read something here last week, which lead us to visit a Fish and Chip shop we didnt know about.

I've been living in the US for about 5 months now, to come and live with my Wife. I do miss good old Britain sometimes.

Well, the place I read about here, was London Fish and Chips in Cary, NC. It was fantastic food, just like at home, I drank tea, read some British newspapers, and even bought a couple of Curly Wurly chocolate bars to bring home.

It was well worth the 3 hours drive there and back, and good to hear some British accents I havent heard in a few months.

another bloody yank Aug 6th 2007 3:22 pm

Re: Fish and Chips

Originally Posted by Gtsnapper (Post 5154740)
It was well worth the 3 hours drive there and back, and good to hear some British accents I havent heard in a few months.

You really wanted some fish & chips eh?:D

Gtsnapper Aug 6th 2007 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 5154803)
You really wanted some fish & chips eh?:D

In Britain I could drive from London to Edinburgh (and even further) in that time.

It was well worth it! :D

Redlippie Aug 6th 2007 3:28 pm

Welcome to BE :):)

Adnams Aug 6th 2007 3:35 pm

Well firstly I should say Hello, as I've just joined these forums, and thank you, as I read something here last week, which lead us to visit a Fish and Chip shop we didnt know about.

I've been living in the US for about 5 months now, to come and live with my Wife. I do miss good old Britain sometimes.

Well, the place I read about here, was London Fish and Chips in Cary, NC. It was fantastic food, just like at home, I drank tea, read some British newspapers, and even bought a couple of Curly Wurly chocolate bars to bring home.

Welcome to BE. Thats about a 8 hour drive for me, but still I would do it. Really miss the F & C's. The best in britain are at the Magpie in Whitby.

TruBrit Aug 6th 2007 3:43 pm

hiya and welcome to BE ;)

britvic Aug 6th 2007 3:52 pm

Arrr bless :) And welcome to BE Gtsnapper :beer:

Goodacre Aug 6th 2007 3:55 pm

Thanks for the tip! We are only about 30 minutes from Cary, so that sounds very tempting indeed. :thumbsup:

britvic Aug 6th 2007 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Gtsnapper (Post 5154823)
In Britain I could drive from London to Edinburgh (and even further) in that time.

It was well worth it! :D

It's the first I've heard about it and yes my OH would of taken me if we had known sooner, never mind I'll be stuffing my face with the real thing soon enough :)

Gtsnapper Aug 6th 2007 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Goodacre (Post 5154920)
Thanks for the tip! We are only about 30 minutes from Cary, so that sounds very tempting indeed. :thumbsup:

It's well worth the visit, and if the forum Mods don't mind, here's their website: http://www.londonfishandchips-nc.com/

Adnams Aug 6th 2007 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by britvic (Post 5154923)
It's the first I've heard about it and yes my OH would of taken me if we had known sooner, never mind I'll be stuffing my face with the real thing soon enough :)

Lucky sod, dont rub it in!!! :(

britvic Aug 6th 2007 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Adnams (Post 5154932)
Lucky sod, dont rub it in!!! :(

I'm shifting them few pound's now ready to partake in my pig feist :o:lol:

Adnams Aug 6th 2007 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by britvic (Post 5154976)
I'm shifting them few pound's now ready to partake in my pig feist :o:lol:

I know what you mean!! I always put on weight when I go home. Like a kid in a tuck shop I am.
I just ate a bag of Walkers Prawn Cocktail crisps - the real deal. My stash is dwindling though.

Gtsnapper Aug 6th 2007 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Adnams (Post 5154986)
I just ate a bag of Walkers Prawn Cocktail crisps

Those are my favourite crisps, I shall be bringing back lots of them next time Im back home :D

Adnams Aug 6th 2007 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by Gtsnapper (Post 5155046)
Those are my favourite crisps, I shall be bringing back lots of them next time Im back home :D

I've also got Nik Naks Nice N' Spicey