Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Fish and Chips

Fish and Chips

Old Aug 6th 2007, 3:02 pm
Account Closed

Gtsnapper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fish and Chips

Well firstly I should say Hello, as I've just joined these forums, and thank you, as I read something here last week, which lead us to visit a Fish and Chip shop we didnt know about.

I've been living in the US for about 5 months now, to come and live with my Wife. I do miss good old Britain sometimes.

Well, the place I read about here, was London Fish and Chips in Cary, NC. It was fantastic food, just like at home, I drank tea, read some British newspapers, and even bought a couple of Curly Wurly chocolate bars to bring home.

It was well worth the 3 hours drive there and back, and good to hear some British accents I havent heard in a few months.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 3:22 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fish and Chips

Originally Posted by Gtsnapper
It was well worth the 3 hours drive there and back, and good to hear some British accents I havent heard in a few months.

You really wanted some fish & chips eh?
Old Aug 6th 2007, 3:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
You really wanted some fish & chips eh?
In Britain I could drive from London to Edinburgh (and even further) in that time.

It was well worth it!
Old Aug 6th 2007, 3:28 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Welcome to BE
Old Aug 6th 2007, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Well firstly I should say Hello, as I've just joined these forums, and thank you, as I read something here last week, which lead us to visit a Fish and Chip shop we didnt know about.

I've been living in the US for about 5 months now, to come and live with my Wife. I do miss good old Britain sometimes.

Well, the place I read about here, was London Fish and Chips in Cary, NC. It was fantastic food, just like at home, I drank tea, read some British newspapers, and even bought a couple of Curly Wurly chocolate bars to bring home.

Welcome to BE. Thats about a 8 hour drive for me, but still I would do it. Really miss the F & C's. The best in britain are at the Magpie in Whitby.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 3:43 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

hiya and welcome to BE
Old Aug 6th 2007, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Arrr bless And welcome to BE Gtsnapper
Old Aug 6th 2007, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

Goodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to all

Thanks for the tip! We are only about 30 minutes from Cary, so that sounds very tempting indeed.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

In Britain I could drive from London to Edinburgh (and even further) in that time.

It was well worth it!
It's the first I've heard about it and yes my OH would of taken me if we had known sooner, never mind I'll be stuffing my face with the real thing soon enough
Old Aug 6th 2007, 3:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Goodacre
Thanks for the tip! We are only about 30 minutes from Cary, so that sounds very tempting indeed.
It's well worth the visit, and if the forum Mods don't mind, here's their website: http://www.londonfishandchips-nc.com/
Old Aug 6th 2007, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
It's the first I've heard about it and yes my OH would of taken me if we had known sooner, never mind I'll be stuffing my face with the real thing soon enough
Lucky sod, dont rub it in!!!
Old Aug 6th 2007, 4:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Adnams
Lucky sod, dont rub it in!!!
I'm shifting them few pound's now ready to partake in my pig feist
Old Aug 6th 2007, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by britvic
I'm shifting them few pound's now ready to partake in my pig feist
I know what you mean!! I always put on weight when I go home. Like a kid in a tuck shop I am.
I just ate a bag of Walkers Prawn Cocktail crisps - the real deal. My stash is dwindling though.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 4:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Adnams
I just ate a bag of Walkers Prawn Cocktail crisps
Those are my favourite crisps, I shall be bringing back lots of them next time Im back home

Last edited by Gtsnapper; Aug 6th 2007 at 4:33 pm.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Those are my favourite crisps, I shall be bringing back lots of them next time Im back home
I've also got Nik Naks Nice N' Spicey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.