Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Fish & Chips

Fish & Chips

Old Jun 30th 2006, 5:47 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Default Fish & Chips

Just been to the British Fish and Chip cafe in Hudson, and it was crap.

The place changed hands last year, when the original owners retired and sold the place to another British guy. Since then they have jacked up the prices, lowered the amount of food you get, (the haddock was so small I needed a magnifying glass to see both bits of fish) and some of the goodies they sell in there little shop is so out of date its ridiculous.

We will never be going there again. Its the one at:

8226 State Road 52
Hudson, FL 34667
Old Jun 30th 2006, 6:32 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fish & Chips

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
Just been to the British Fish and Chip cafe in Hudson, and it was crap.

The place changed hands last year, when the original owners retired and sold the place to another British guy. Since then they have jacked up the prices, lowered the amount of food you get, (the haddock was so small I needed a magnifying glass to see both bits of fish) and some of the goodies they sell in there little shop is so out of date its ridiculous.

We will never be going there again. Its the one at:

8226 State Road 52
Hudson, FL 34667
The new owners have little to with it ... they just got it for the visa
I hear they are retirees....
Old Jun 30th 2006, 7:12 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs down Re: Fish & Chips

Originally Posted by Ray
The new owners have little to with it ... they just got it for the visa
I hear they are retirees....
Well the prices have been increased since Maisie and her hubby left, so the new guy must be increasing the prices. The portions have been reduced too. Not a happy state of affairs. It used to be a good chippie too.

Old Jun 30th 2006, 7:18 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
Well the prices have been increased since Maisie and her hubby left, so the new guy must be increasing the prices. The portions have been reduced too. Not a happy state of affairs. It used to be a good chippie too.

Just get some trigger-happy retiree to shoot them in the head (Florida is full of them) and then take over their business and turn it into a cracking chippy.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 7:54 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I am just about to go and buy some bona fide..genuine ...24 carat English fish and chips from an English fish and chip shop<<<Smug nastard grin>>>>

Might even indulge in a pickled onion