Reload this Page >

Firefighter's

Wikiposts

Firefighter's

Old Apr 20th 2006, 2:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Firefighter's

I know a Brit who is a firefighter, actually he is a plumber and this is his part time activity, which usually around here is highly sought after. I thought he said he was a Resident?

Beats Bible classes?

As a full time profession, then there was a bit in the Denver paper commenting on how un-diverse the City Brigade was, needed affirmity action, dunno if you can get in on the diversity side of things. Probably unlikely.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 10:21 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan725
Sadly, that isn't surprising. To be a cop you have to be a citizen, I suspect they also apply that logic to firefighters. The only reason behind it is red tape - but I think the governments reasoning is that if you are not a citizen, you are potentially a security risk. Sad but true, completely nonsensical, but what can you do?
Depends on the state and county....not all cops have to be citizens, and some places will accept you as long as your applying to be a citizen...
Old Apr 20th 2006, 12:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
I mentioned this thread, and he questioned whether any US training would be taken into account by a UK fire brigade - apparently the 2 have totally different philosophies on fighting fires - if there are no people involved, UK prefer to stay outside and spray in, and US prefer to get inside the building as quick as possible. Or was it the other way around? Don't know if thats true or not, but someone on here may...?
Maybe that's something to do with the UK houses being built of brick and the US houses being built of wood and plastic.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 1:39 am
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
Erm...firefighters here have to be very sexy looking and rippled with muscles......a spot in the annual firefighters calendar is a must...I'll expect that you'll first have to post a shirtless picci before your resume...why not post a picci here and I'm sure a few of us will be able to give you a precise an un biased run down of your future prospects

And you'd be constructive in your dismissal of my body would you ?..... casting my tanned, muscular body onto the waste heap !!

Al
Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

I have to laugh or get angry when there is a minor accident around here

The EMS arrive in an ambulance, then 2 or 3 fire trucks, then the sheriff followed by a cop .............. then a load of these local lard assholes arrive with their pick up trucks fitted with flashing lights, 2 of whom stand in the road directing traffic around the lines of pick up trucks, while the rest stand in the road taling about anything other than the accident

If all these slobs didnt' turn out there would be no traffic problem in the first place, they just need to feel important.