firearms

Old May 13th 2006, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

sharonl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default firearms

hi

i am a keen rifleman and wondering if i can bring them into usa if i get employment out there??

i know firearms are very much cheaper state side but i really do like the ones ive got and wish to keep them.

thanks

steve
Old May 13th 2006, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Arizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: firearms

Originally Posted by sharonl
hi

i am a keen rifleman and wondering if i can bring them into usa if i get employment out there??

i know firearms are very much cheaper state side but i really do like the ones ive got and wish to keep them.

thanks

steve
I think you have to be a US citizen to have a firearm.
Old May 13th 2006, 4:50 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

hi

thanks

steve
Firearms & Ammunition
If your travel to the United States is primarily for the purpose of hunting or lawful sporting activities, firearms and ammunition may be entered under the stipulation that such firearms and any remaining unfired ammunition are taken out of the United States upon departure.

If hunting or a sporting event is a secondary reason for coming to the United States because the travelers will establish residence whether temporarily or permanently, the firearms and ammunition are subject to restrictions and import permits. Fully automatic weapons and semi-automatic assault-type weapons are prohibited.

For complete information and to obtain the necessary permits to import firearms, contact the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; U.S. Department of Justice; Firearms and Explosives Import Branch; Washington, D.C. 20226, USA.

Source: http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...itedstates.doc

Hope that helps clarify things
Old May 13th 2006, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arizona Wurzel
I don't think so!

Having imported one myself, go with what kiwichild suggested.
Old May 13th 2006, 6:06 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

To own and buy one, you've got to be an LPR....to use one, most states you don't even need to be that....but it varies by each state.

As to importing, wouldn't have a clue...
Old May 13th 2006, 8:29 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

To buy one, all you need is a drivers licence (in Texas at least..)
Old May 13th 2006, 9:55 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
And a drivers licence takes longer to get. Go figure
Old May 14th 2006, 8:28 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Same in NC, but concealed carry permits are only permitted for USC's.
Old May 14th 2006, 1:30 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Same in NC, but concealed carry permits are only permitted for USC's.
And permanent residents.
Old May 14th 2006, 2:32 pm
Position - Offside

Location: Harvest, Alabama from Newport Pagnell, Bucks/Mitcham, Surrey
Lynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond repute

hi

thanks

steve
Things may have changed since 9/11. When we came in 1985 we bought with us two high powered air rifles and a shotgun. The air rifles were shipped over by the moving company but the shotgun we took on the plane with us. My husband didn't want to trust his prized possession with the movers. lolol About 6 weeks before we left we were told to contact the ATF and get an authorization form which we filled in and carried with us. We had previously contacted Delta and Gatwick Airport and told them we would be taking with us a shotgun and asking them if they had any specific requirements. They just said they wanted it in a locked case. As it was, my husband also had it barrel locked. After check in it at Gatwick it was placed in the hold with our other cases. We had no problems checking in the gun. When we arrived in Atlanta we were told to go through the "anything to declare" at customs. There we were to get the ATF form signed and then send it to the ATF.

We didn't even bother about enquiring about bringing in shells for the shotgun since they were so much cheaper here anyway and the weight alone would have cost us a fortune to ship.
Old May 14th 2006, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

sharonl is an unknown quantity at this point

well thanks to you all for the info
its a great help that some of you have actually done what i might have to do very soon.

again thanks

steve
Old May 18th 2006, 1:57 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
And permanent residents.
No, specifically NOT permanent residents. If you want to go out in public "packing" you must be a USC, at least in NC, and I think in most, if not all, other states that issue concealed carry permits.
Old May 18th 2006, 1:58 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

No, specifically NOT permanent residents. If you want to go out in public "packing" you must be a USC, at leat in NC, and I think in most, if not all, other states that issue concealed carry permits.
Nope, It maybe so in NC.
Old May 18th 2006, 3:14 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

No, specifically NOT permanent residents. If you want to go out in public "packing" you must be a USC, at least in NC, and I think in most, if not all, other states that issue concealed carry permits.
Bollox. I'm a PR, I carry a concealed weapons license and a firearm.
Old May 18th 2006, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Bollox. I'm a PR, I carry a concealed weapons license and a firearm.
So is that a Banana in your pocket or .........................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.