Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Finding a phone number

Finding a phone number

Old Apr 4th 2016, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finding a phone number

In a previous post you were asking about registering a business in Malta, so you must have a better idea than you are indicating about business registration generally.

In that post also you were wanting PMs rather than open discussion????
Old Apr 4th 2016, 7:26 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
So if you found them what next?
He'll ask one of us to go round and knock on the door.
Old Apr 4th 2016, 7:28 am
Banned

etnaboom is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes because the person owes me several thousands dollars, is a known criminal and has a new business in a different USA state, i do not want to post anything where mods say that is libellous and then delete it.

I am simply asking if there are ways to find a number, I cannot, i have a lot of information but have failed to find a number.

I know about business registration in Europe but this guy is in the USA and i am simply trying to find a number for him, i have the company number
Old Apr 4th 2016, 7:31 am
Banned

Originally Posted by lansbury
He'll ask one of us to go round and knock on the door.

Not quite, international debt collectors

The number allows me to ring him and let him know that despite him fleeing another USA state he is not running away from his debts.

Sending a notice from Italy to the USA would be as good as pointless, nothing would happen, i need to be able to ring him.
Old Apr 4th 2016, 7:35 am
Banned

I do not know the number, so how can REVERSE PHONE LOOKUP help?

I know the address
I know the company number

what i need is a phone number, does reverse phone lookup cover this?
Old Apr 4th 2016, 7:37 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by etnaboom
I do not know the number, so how can REVERSE PHONE LOOKUP help?

I know the address
I know the company number

what i need is a phone number, does reverse phone lookup cover this?
You're right, I misunderstood.

Not sure that phoning someone will get them to hand over $5k though if they are criminals.

What's the story?
Old Apr 4th 2016, 7:38 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Sending a notice from Italy to the USA would be as good as pointless, nothing would happen, i need to be able to ring him.
Ringing him would also be pointless...also, probably selling the debt won't yield much of a return once its been sold for pennies on the dollar.
Old Apr 4th 2016, 7:46 am
Banned

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
You're right, I misunderstood.

Not sure that phoning someone will get them to hand over $5k though if they are criminals.

What's the story?
The story is long and winding and is not going to be posted on here.

I am on hold to the DOS ny office, it seems there is no phone number on any public record, although i find it hard to believe you can incorporate a company without a number of some kind. This is what i am about to find out.

The reason he will hand over 5000usd is because he owes many times this to others and if he pays me i will not then seek them out to hand over his current contact info (He clearly wants to do business and hope no one arrives at his door) he ripped of many gym owners IN THE USA who might turn up!
Old Apr 4th 2016, 7:49 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

etnaboom,

You asked a very generic question and I gave you the site where I would have started looking. So yes, I think my post was necessary.

So are you looking for the guy's personal phone number? Seems like you already know the business information.

Rene
Old Apr 4th 2016, 7:51 am
Banned

ok turns out they do not have to submit a number to anyone ever to form an llc!

amazing

But some searching and it seems his service of process address is not a formation company but his own house.

So a notice will be forwarded from that department to his door.

thank you

Last edited by etnaboom; Apr 4th 2016 at 7:54 am.
Old Apr 4th 2016, 7:52 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

He could have a PAYG trac phone, which would be hard to find.

When incorporating the business, he could have given them any phone number. And you say you already have the business number anyway.

Rene
Old Apr 4th 2016, 7:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
He could have a PAYG trac phone, which would be hard to find.

When incorporating the business, he could have given them any phone number. And you say you already have the business number anyway.

Rene
I have a VOIP for my business which goes straight to voicemail.

People I want to speak to have my cell, but only way you could have that is if I or someone who has it gives it to you.
Old Apr 4th 2016, 7:57 am
Banned

There is no phone number for this business, it is not needed

His registered business address is actually his home though, so they will send documents to him via his local service of process office.
Old Apr 4th 2016, 7:58 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

The story is long and winding and is not going to be posted on here.

I am on hold to the DOS ny office, it seems there is no phone number on any public record, although i find it hard to believe you can incorporate a company without a number of some kind. This is what i am about to find out. ....
I don't know of anywhere that asks for a phone number to register a business - legal notices are served at an address, whether the business is registered in the US or UK. I don't recall being asked for a phone number when I registered my business
.... The reason he will hand over 5000usd is because he owes many times this to others and if he pays me i will not then seek them out to hand over his current contact info (He clearly wants to do business and hope no one arrives at his door) he ripped of many gym owners IN THE USA who might turn up!
You are very naive.

File a claim in small claims, get judgement, then go to the sheriff to collect. If you get full judgement, by the time you've paid a lawyer to go in your place (unnecessary, technically, for small claims, but you're not in the US), and the sheriff to seize assets, and an auctioneer to sell them, you'll be lucky if you see $1,000.

Write it off as a lesson learned.

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 4th 2016 at 8:00 am.
Old Apr 4th 2016, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Not quite, international debt collectors

The number allows me to ring him and let him know that despite him fleeing another USA state he is not running away from his debts.

You should probably read up on the "Fair Debt Collection Practices Act", there are limits to the type of harassment you can engage in.

Sounds like you need to talk to the District Attorney in the relevant state (NY?) if this is a truly criminal matter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.