Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Fighting for your country

Wikiposts
View Poll Results: Who would you fight for?
Go home to the UK and enlist there
51.35%
Stay here and be drafted
24.32%
Run, I hear Goa is nice...
24.32%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Fighting for your country

Old Nov 1st 2005, 3:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fighting for your country

Surely there should be a category for "Old farts watching everybody else be drafted with interest"

Plus I know that Selective Serviice does not apply for women, I wonder if the same applies to a draft?

I was slightly amused with all the comments about the practicalities, Armies have a habit of preparing for the last war. A quick confirmation can be obtained by watching the Military Channel, many of the programmes produced say 5 years ago seem to have a complete disconnect with current realities.

Just a thought, but presumably the Army Brass are not that keen on keeping their Regular front line forces bogged down in low level copmabt in Iraq, hence the use of reserve forces. Now they have issues as those reservists are not that keen either! And they have an easier get out.

It would only seem fair to draft registered Republicans.