Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Fig Newton Thread - Figgy - please feel free to participate

Wikiposts

Fig Newton Thread - Figgy - please feel free to participate

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 3:45 am
Banned

Fig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant future
Default Re: Fig Newton Thread - Figgy - please feel free to participate

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Look Fig, because I ask you a point blank question doesn't mean I'm being openly hostile. Certainly if you post on an open forum, and jump in with both guns blaring, then you are going to solicit some hostilites, or in my case, questions. If you don't want to/or can't answer why you'd be contributing to a British Expats site, then so be it. Instead of turning my questions back on to me, you might have enough courage to answer them.
That's just it, I didn't come into this forum with "both guns blaring." Your questions to me are loaded with cynicsm so forgive my reluctance to want to bother answering them.

For the third time go see post #9 for some reasons.

Here's friendly for you.....how's the weather in California?
Well, it's summer so that's an easy one: Sunny and hot for another few months or so. 110 in my part more recently.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 3:49 am
Banned

Fig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant future

Why do we always get the ones that don't understand the "pot calling the kettle black" syndrome?

There you go again. Don't you see what you are doing Lisa?

This is my last response to you. As I said before, if you wish to chat with me in the future then you will have to learn to be more respectful and less cynical.

Take care.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 3:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

emmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fig Newton
There you go again. Don't you see what you are doing Lisa?

This is my last response to you. As I said before, if you wish to chat with me in the future then you will have to learn to be more respectful and less cynical.

Take care.
....wtf
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 3:52 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
Actually I did read the previous posts but found nothing citing a specific post or comment that made you start to post here, just generalizations. Maybe you misunderstood the question so I will try and make it more specific. Can you give me an example(s) with the date(s), thread title(s) and post number(s) that has made you feel the need to come onto a British Expat board and post your guide to how an immigrant should act in America, think that the majority of people on this board are anti-American and generally post nonsensical ramblings in a way that it looks like you are trying to have an intelligent, rational discussion, and why it upset you so much?

I wasn't, and am not, trying to criticize or have a go at you, I just can't see where you are coming from or what has made you feel the way that you do. It just seemed that something must have been inside you and snapped as your comments and behavior just doesn't seem to be rational.
Right, and people calling me an aryan and a twat and other vile names is "rational."

You don't want to know why I'm here, you just want to characterize me in a bad light. Admit that and you'll at least have my respect for being honest.

Adios.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 3:53 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmals
....wtf
I think he is on some kind of power trip.........

I'd stick him on ignore.....he really is just a troll......
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 3:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

That's just it, I didn't come into this forum with "both guns blaring." Your questions to me are loaded with cynicsm so forgive my reluctance to want to bother answering them.

For the third time go see post #9 for some reasons.

Well, it's summer so that's an easy one: Sunny and hot for another few months or so. 110 in my part more recently.
I've read your post (number 9) and yet you still can't see that you are the one being disrespectful here. You've entered a British Expats site with your love it or leave it attitude and you still can't see that this could even remotely be unnecessary or obnoxious to the other posters here. Why should anyone be respectful of you? Am I being hostile? Maybe, but I have opinions (read any of my posts, no number needed.) I respect everyone's right to their opinion, as long as they are not purposely trying to stir the pot. They don't have to agree with me, I'm not an ego chaser.....but you seem to have that problem. Either we agree with you about America being a fantastic country or we are being disrespectful to you. Am I wrong with this analysis of your posts? Probably not too far off the mark. If you don't like what you read here, then again, why are you here?
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 3:56 am
Banned

Originally Posted by krizzy
I think he is on some kind of power trip.........

I'd stick him on ignore.....he really is just a troll......

A bit ironic trying to tell people how they should react to me while you accuse me of being on "some kind of power trip," don't you think krizzy?
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 4:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

emmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond repute

A bit ironic trying to tell people how they should react to me while you accuse me of being on "some kind of power trip," don't you think krizzy?
Errrmmm I think you should stop bieng so rude to people....your new right?......well listen to the people that have been on here for a while.....some of them have valid points to make.....and by the way you are posting I can only conclude that you sit with your finger up your arse thinking that you and only you is ever right.....step back calm down and start again.....cos you're only gonna make enemies mate
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 4:01 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

You don't want to know why I'm here, you just want to characterize me in a bad light. Admit that and you'll at least have my respect for being honest.

Adios.
did you not read his post?
he wants to know where you are coming from.............please cite the relevant posts/threads in which have caused you so much angst
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 4:02 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

You have been characterized in a negative manner because of your prior posts, and rightly so.
Only by you dear.

I've been enjoying myself here for two years.

You're getting pretty boring though.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 4:09 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
he wants to know where you are coming from.............please cite the relevant posts/threads in which have caused you so much angst
Funny - he seems to have gone.....
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 4:11 am
Banned

both AmerLisa and LIW are American Citizens, so they have the right to be negative.

apparently.
New American citizens that apparently have a problem accepting, and more importantly, respecting another culture. Qualities not well received in any country.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 4:13 am
Banned

Actually she makes quite a bit of sense on here. You've characterised her in a negative manner (and rightly so because you can't find anything positive on this website - which begs me to ask the question again WHY ARE YOU HERE?) Anyway, carry on....I'll get bored of your circling in a minute.
You only see what you want to see, unfortunately. I've tried being friendly to you but to no avail. I've even continued to respond to you after i said I would no longer.

Oh well, I tried.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 4:15 am
Banned

Are you his spokesperson now?

I've already responded. I'm not concerned if neither of you are satisfied.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 4:16 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Only by you dear.

I've been enjoying myself here for two years.

You're getting pretty boring though.

Maybe you should get out more often and see the country and get to know your neighbors instead?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.