Reload this Page >

Fiance called to be fingerprinted in London...please help

Fiance called to be fingerprinted in London...please help

Old Jun 5th 2001, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

pjane1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.
This is longish and I'm sorry....
I'm getting really confused and need some advice, please!
My fiance was called to London for fingerprinting. He went and did this on May 21. As you know, if you're denied entry and you're from the UK, a "record" is created with the FBI. So when London runs the namecheck, the fiance's name comes up.
I was reading earlier this year, when Jada and Anita's fiances were going through this exact same thing. The sequence of their fiance's fingerprint check was this:

Fingerprints taken at the Embassy and sent to NVC.
NVC sends prints to FBI.
FBI checks prints, and sends results back to NVC.
NVC sends those results back to the Embassy.
Total time from beginning to end: Six weeks.

Here is my dilemma: I phoned NVC and they said they don't have anything to do with the prints. I then called London and rude woman told me "Is it THAT important for you to know exactly where we sent the prints?". She then told me they sent the prints directly to the FBI and it takes 6 months to process! Is she kidding????
Anyway, I then phoned the FBI and they haven't received the prints.

Should I believe the woman at the Embassy, that they sent the prints direct to the FBI?
Have procedures really changed? I haven't seen anything on this type of thing in quite some time.
Thanks in advance, truly.
Old Jun 5th 2001, 8:40 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that it is not the NVC that gets the prints but the FBI office that is housed at NVC that gets the prints. Do a deja search for the other posting because I remember one of them gave the phone number of the FBI office there for you to call.

Rita
Old Jun 5th 2001, 10:25 pm
callie

From overseas, for immigrant processing, I was told that fingerprints are sent to
Nebraska. It's not the Nebraska Service Center, it's called the Fingerprint Clearance
Coordination Center in Omaha. I was never able to get a phone number for them, but I
did have a phone number for FBI, and my own personal liaison who called me each time
anything new came up.

That's the best I can tell you.

Prints take time to scan in (and the scanning process is horrible, evidently), and 24
hours to be processed. Then the results are sent back to the FCCC and from there,
returned to the INS office overseas who is requesting the information (or a
consulate, depending on the situation). After that, they take their time informing
YOU of what the results are.

My personal suggestion - call your congressional representative.

callie

>
confused and
    >
for
    >
know, if you're
    >
with the FBI.
    >
up. I was
    >
were going
    >
fiance's
    >
    >
    >
sends prints
    >
NVC sends
    >
beginning to end:
    >
    >
    >
have anything
    >
told me "Is
    >
the prints?".
    >
and it takes 6
    >
phoned the FBI and
    >
    >
    >
the prints
    >
haven't seen
    >
in
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 6th 2001, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

pjane1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to you all for your input.
I did manage to get a definitive answer from the FBI, who said the prints go from London to the NVC, then to FBI.
Currently the timing is 6-8 weeks from beginning to end.
Ho hum.
I've made three trips to the UK so far this year to see fiance. (From San Diego) This is getting expensive.