Fatbrit

Old May 29th 2013, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fatbrit

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Every time I see a post showing his avi I think it's a post by FB.
ahh me to!!!
Old May 29th 2013, 9:14 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
I have to share some sad news and let you know that I was informed today of Fatbrit's passing by his wife. She wanted to let you all know that he died from "complications associated with Cholangiocarcinoma on March 15th 2013. I am not sure how to notify everyone on B.E., but I would appreciate if you would tell the community of his passing. He very much enjoyed chatting with fellow expats on this site. They were his circle of cyber-friends."

David has been a big part of this community for over 9 years and I know will be missed. I admit to having knocked heads with him now and again over the years, but I've also been appreciative of the way he went out of his way to help others by answering their questions, and pointing out the error of many a newbies ways . There has also been many a time when one of his comments has made me laugh out loud. They broke the mould when they made him.

I will miss his little bouncing sheep popping up in threads, so in his memory I am going to don his avatar for a while.

RIP fatbrit (AKA David)
Man, this shocked the hell out of me. I've been on this site for 10 years and as long as I can remember he's been here too.
I'm genuinely upset by this. Jeez I wish I'd told him how much I liked him, even if I did disagree with him now and then, I also agreed with him very often. He was an intelligent fella, and his posts were always worth reading, no denying that.
Old May 29th 2013, 9:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

I have just caught up with this news.

I am so sorry to hear about David's passing.
Old May 29th 2013, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Sad news, so sorry. Condolences to Fatbrit's family.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

I have just caught up with this news.
RIP FatBrit.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 7:48 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Just read this, bit shocked.

RIP Fatbrit and condolences to David's family.
Old Jun 12th 2013, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

positive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to all

R.I.P Fatbrit
I cannot add anything to what has been already said. I am really shocked and just cant take it in. He will truly be missed and I send my condolences to Davids wife and family.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 11:34 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I am the last to see this sad news, and to repeat what many have said about butting heads often but I will miss his wisdom on many subjects. RIP and condoolances to his family.
Old Aug 31st 2013, 11:44 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry that my post will resurrect this thread, but I haven't followed the USA forum for a very long time now... and I've only just heard the sad news that Fatbrit has died. He was a good man and, although we butted heads from time to time, he was a very decent person with a good heart. He will be sorely missed. Be at peace, my friend.

Ian
Old Aug 31st 2013, 5:00 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I'm sorry that my post will resurrect this thread, but I haven't followed the USA forum for a very long time now...
I don't think it's a bad thing to resurrect this thread at all. It speaks to the fact that Fatbrit (aka David) was a treasured part of this site and his contributions made a difference in people's lives. I've been away from BE for almost 2 years now, but I never forgot that if I saw a bouncing sheep, that meant for some interesting comments and discussions.

RIP, David. You will be, and already are, greatly missed here.

~ Jenney
Old Aug 31st 2013, 5:08 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Just Jenney
...... I've been away from BE for almost 2 years now, but I never forgot that if I saw a bouncing sheep, .....
For a while earlier this year, between May (when the news broke) and July there was a whole flock of bouncing sheep avatars that some of us adopted as a mark of respect.

Last edited by Pulaski; Aug 31st 2013 at 5:50 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 7:18 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Given that people come and go from BE, and then come back again, there may be some people around in early 2014 who missed this thread about Fatbrit last year.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh, sad to read through the thread again.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 3:25 am

Fatbrit day cometh!

March 15.

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 12th 2014 at 3:31 am.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 3:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

A year? Holy shit! Now, where's that sheep...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.