British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Fatbrit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/fatbrit-796444/)

Sue May 8th 2013 7:04 pm

Fatbrit

2 Attachment(s)
I have to share some sad news and let you know that I was informed today of Fatbrit's passing by his wife. She wanted to let you all know that he died from "complications associated with Cholangiocarcinoma on March 15th 2013. I am not sure how to notify everyone on B.E., but I would appreciate if you would tell the community of his passing. He very much enjoyed chatting with fellow expats on this site. They were his circle of cyber-friends."

David has been a big part of this community for over 9 years and I know will be missed. I admit to having knocked heads with him now and again over the years, but I've also been appreciative of the way he went out of his way to help others by answering their questions, and pointing out the error of many a newbies ways ;). There has also been many a time when one of his comments has made me laugh out loud. They broke the mould when they made him.

I will miss his little bouncing sheep popping up in threads, so in his memory I am going to don his avatar for a while.

RIP fatbrit (AKA David)

Jerseygirl May 8th 2013 7:09 pm

Re: Fatbrit

Very, very sorry to hear this. I wondered what had happened to him...now sadly I know. :(

My condolences to his wife and family.

RIP Fatbrit aka David.

rebs May 8th 2013 7:14 pm

Very sad to hear this news... :(

Condolences to his family x

Rete May 8th 2013 7:14 pm

We were at loggerheads often over those 9 years but I always knew him to be kind, helpful and thorough in his replies and interaction with people. RIP FB. You will be missed.

materialcontroller May 8th 2013 7:15 pm

Sad news. Condolences to the family of Fatbrit. RIP. :(

Guindalf May 8th 2013 7:15 pm

Sad news indeed. Sorry to hear this and, I'd like to join everyone else in sending my condolences.

Weeze May 8th 2013 7:17 pm

RIP Fatbrit. Always willing to help and he will be missed.
Condolences to all his friends and family.

Sally Redux May 8th 2013 7:24 pm

Oh my goodness! I had been wondering where he was. I knew he had some health problems but never said much about it.

Very sad news, I will miss him a lot.

My condolences and best wishes to the family.

bilbos92 May 8th 2013 7:33 pm

Oh Boy.......Condolances to the family....

I love reading the usual suspects on here and Fatbrit will be sorely missed....

Axx

nethead May 8th 2013 7:34 pm

OMG, terrible news, my heartfelt condolences to his family, I will miss his posts a lot.

willmore May 8th 2013 7:35 pm

OMG - I wondered what had happened to him. Very very sad news. RIP fatbrit, you will never be forgotten......

Thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends on this very sad occasion.

Nutmegger May 8th 2013 7:36 pm

What a shock. RIP Fatbrit, and sincere condolences to his family. I am among those to whom David gave valuable advice on occasion and I will miss knowing he is out there in cyberland.

willmore May 8th 2013 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Sue (Post 10698739)
I have to share some sad news and let you know that I was informed today of Fatbrit's passing by his wife. She wanted to let you all know that he died from "complications associated with Cholangiocarcinoma on March 15th 2013. I am not sure how to notify everyone on B.E., but I would appreciate if you would tell the community of his passing. He very much enjoyed chatting with fellow expats on this site. They were his circle of cyber-friends."

David has been a big part of this community for over 9 years and I know will be missed. I admit to having knocked heads with him now and again over the years, but I've also been appreciative of the way he went out of his way to help others by answering their questions, and pointing out the error of many a newbies ways ;). There has also been many a time when one of his comments has made me laugh out loud. They broke the mould when they made him.

I will miss his little bouncing sheep popping up in threads, so in his memory I am going to don his avatar for a while.

RIP fatbrit (AKA David)

Will we be sending flowers or a donation to his favourite charity?

Gingerert May 8th 2013 7:45 pm

Oh no! How awful. Please send our sympathies to Fatbrit's family.

I'll miss his little bouncy sheep too. :(

Nutek May 8th 2013 7:50 pm

RIP :(