Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Famous TV personalities you DON'T miss.

Wikiposts

Famous TV personalities you DON'T miss.

Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:48 am
Position - Offside

Location: Harvest, Alabama from Newport Pagnell, Bucks/Mitcham, Surrey
Lynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Famous TV personalities you DON'T miss.

Ann bloody Robinson, then I switched on TV one night and low and behold her ugly mug turned up on the weakest link. Age has done her no favors she wsa pig ugly 15 years ago when she was stand in for Points of View.

Someone mentioned Jeremy Clarkson. I have recently switched on to Top Gear and it has come up to the 21st century. At one time it was aimed at old farts in E types. They did an article where the three of them had to buy a car for under 100 pounds and then do various tasks, great article with a lot of humor. Also plugging Rick Mason's book.

Can anyone remember Janet Street Porter? God only knows how that woman ever got into broadcasting.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 10:01 am
Position - Offside

Location: Harvest, Alabama from Newport Pagnell, Bucks/Mitcham, Surrey
Lynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
The Yankees had already won the World series twice before the word "rounders" was entered into the Oxford English Dictionary.
Just an obso here but why is it called the "World" Series?? I have yet to see teams of Japan, New Zealand, Germany, Spain, et al take part. Why not call it the North American Series. And I agree, it's rounders. I still can't believe that Chipper Jones got paid so much for missing the ball.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 1:42 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynne
Just an obso here but why is it called the "World" Series?? I have yet to see teams of Japan, New Zealand, Germany, Spain, et al take part.
Origin of the Name "World Series"

One baseball myth that just won't die is that the "World Series" was named for the New York World newspaper, which supposedly sponsored the earliest contests. It didn't, and it wasn't.

In fact, the postseason series between the AL and NL champs was originally known as the "Championship of the World" or "World's Championship Series." That was shortened through usage to "World's Series" and finally to "World Series."

http://roadsidephotos.com/baseball/name.htm

And BTW the first ever baseball world cup is going to be held in March 2006.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 2:55 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

That bitch Linda from the cheap version of changing rooms where they had their "design kits".
Hmmmm, Bruce Forsythe,Ian Paisley,Ulrikakaka...I was sure there would be so many but I must have blocked them out