Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Explanation of the Primaries please.

Wikiposts

Explanation of the Primaries please.

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Explanation of the Primaries please.

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
More like the viewers of Oprah..........I am watching it at the moment and trying to work out whats going on, pleased you asked the question and thanks to those who have tried to educate us..

Personally I am in the Mit guys court he's yummy lol.
Yummy, should be useful. We tried not very bright, that did not work, unless you own an oil company or sell services to USA Gov for Iraq.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

SuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really nice

As an American living in Britain, I can honestly tell you that the Bill Clinton days were some of the best in American history (and I'm 42). As much as Brits love to take the piss out of Americans for voting Bush into office not once, but twice, they have to realize how close both elections were, and how Bush has only a 29 percent (max) approval rating these days. In other words, both the American people and the president know he f--ked up by attacking Iraq. So please give Americans some credit: We're not all uneducated, NRA card-carrying, rude and obnoxious gits. In fact, if you think about it, the U.S. tends to lead the world scientifically, medically, etc. (Sorry, just felt a need to defend my country.)
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 12:37 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SuzanneMaria
As an American living in Britain, I can honestly tell you that the Bill Clinton days were some of the best in American history (and I'm 42). As much as Brits love to take the piss out of Americans for voting Bush into office not once, but twice, they have to realize how close both elections were, and how Bush has only a 29 percent (max) approval rating these days. In other words, both the American people and the president know he f--ked up by attacking Iraq. So please give Americans some credit: We're not all uneducated, NRA card-carrying, rude and obnoxious gits. In fact, if you think about it, the U.S. tends to lead the world scientifically, medically, etc. (Sorry, just felt a need to defend my country.)
Hey! Welcome to BE. I'm also an American but I'm stateside. I miss the Clinton years too. At least I felt like I had a future that wasn't cluttered and f***ed up like now under Bush. I'm glad that we have a system in place that keeps idiots like Bush in office for only eight years. Anyhoo, welcome. BTW, where do you hail from?
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:41 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

OMG..you don't want to know....I can PROMISE you that by the end of the year, you will be throwing things at your tv screen.

And I agree about the Clinton years. All is forgiven please come back. It was a different country then.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:47 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

. In fact, if you think about it, the U.S. tends to lead the world scientifically, medically, etc. (Sorry, just felt a need to defend my country.)
By poaching British/Australian/Indian/Asian scientists, quite a few of whom post on this board ...
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:47 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

.... both the American people and the president know he f--ked up by attacking Iraq....
... but unfortunately 'he' doesn't really care.

Welcome aboard Suzanne to BE! Whether you laugh, cry, get infuriated or revitalized.... its tooootally worth it!

A while ago, I saw a couple of stickers which summed it up really - "One World Under (Bush)" and "GW? I think not... well atleast somebody is thinking".

Its going to be interesting days ahead as the prez race is really going to start to heat up and fast. I think the strategies are going to shift and really tug at everyone's emotions; especially one candidate who undoubtedly will resort to a theme "remember the good days?.." (or atleast people will reflect upon themselves on that). As November approaches, the world is really going to be on the edge of their seats more so than the last election as such a defining moment arrives. Time will tell, time will tell.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

SuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really nice

ugacrew, I'm originally from Pensacola, Fla., but then my parents moved to the D.C. area when I was 10. I love both areas, but I'd rather live in Pensacola (England just doesn't cut it with clear-water, moderate water-temp beaches).
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Tartak9,

I agree that this election is going to determine more than anyone could originally conceive as far as worldwide peace, disease, and hunger goes. Everyone looks to the United States for help. Although we're trillions of dollars in debt, we could always call in our own loans and stop putting so much money into the military. Nevertheless, Iraq has to to be calm before American soldiers can leave. It kind of makes me sad that Brit soldiers are backing out of everything (Iraq, I can understand; Afghanistan, the home of Al Qaeda, I can't).
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:01 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

TEveryone looks to the United States for help.
They're looking the wrong way, then!

#1 Luxembourg: $490.59 per capita
#2 Denmark: $389.53 per capita
#3 Norway: $302.51 per capita
#4 Netherlands: $241.39 per capita
#5 Sweden: $188.24 per capita
#6 United Kingdom: $176.06 per capita
#7 Finland: $162.36 per capita
#8 Ireland: $147.72 per capita
#9 Switzerland: $145.61 per capita
#10 Belgium: $103.15 per capita
#11 Austria: $83.05 per capita
#12 Canada: $77.87 per capita
#13 Japan: $69.84 per capita
#14 Germany: $67.96 per capita
#15 Australia: $43.75 per capita
#16 Spain: $32.88 per capita
#17 Portugal: $25.46 per capita
#18 United States: $22.91 per capita
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:01 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redlippie
By poaching British/Australian/Indian/Asian scientists, quite a few of whom post on this board ...
Yup! I work in a research environment and asked someone who came way over here from Australia why he made that move. He said that research grant opportunities are much better here. For instance one group that I support has a grant well into the millions. It's all about the money I'm afraid. Plus we don't mind throwing money into research and new facilities.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:02 pm
Riding on silver wings

Originally Posted by fatbrit
They're looking the wrong way, then!

#1 Luxembourg: $490.59 per capita
#2 Denmark: $389.53 per capita
#3 Norway: $302.51 per capita
#4 Netherlands: $241.39 per capita
#5 Sweden: $188.24 per capita
#6 United Kingdom: $176.06 per capita
#7 Finland: $162.36 per capita
#8 Ireland: $147.72 per capita
#9 Switzerland: $145.61 per capita
#10 Belgium: $103.15 per capita
#11 Austria: $83.05 per capita
#12 Canada: $77.87 per capita
#13 Japan: $69.84 per capita
#14 Germany: $67.96 per capita
#15 Australia: $43.75 per capita
#16 Spain: $32.88 per capita
#17 Portugal: $25.46 per capita
Those statistics are out of context. Where are they from and can you give a link to your source?
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:16 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
Those statistics are out of context. Where are they from and can you give a link to your source?
Sure: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/ec...nor-per-capita

Embarrassing, ain't it?
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:18 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

wow

as i expected nothing less from FB, they are 100% in context
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:45 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

What's in YOUR wallet?

it looks like it includes a $2.91 processing fee.... Sally Field et al should be asking more in their adds.

Yeah its pathetic, I don't dispute.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:58 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm. And yet you still cant get a reasonably affordable and reliable cell phone, cheap cable or broadband and half the nation can't afford the great medical technology. The US is actually way behind India (FFS) when it comes to cell phones. Sorry, just felt I needed to run your country down. You'll get a lot of that here - welcome

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.