Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Expat Experts

Expat Experts

Old Apr 28th 2005, 3:33 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Expat Experts

Given TRPardoe's post about how to buy a car in the USA if you aren't used to it.
I'd like to put together a list of Expats whom are experts in their relative field.
If you have something to offer, and wouldn't mind new or potential expats asking for advice, then let me know about you and your given field and I will happily make you an Expat Expert.

pm me if you wouldn't mind giving this a go.
Old May 1st 2005, 5:30 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expat Experts

well that went down like a lead balloon.

ta to the 2 peeps whom volunteered though.
Old May 1st 2005, 6:28 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Bunch of amateurs!
Old May 1st 2005, 1:45 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I'll do it.

Tell anyone who's having trouble with the engineering of atomic-level structures that I'm their man!

I believe it's the second most common problem for recent Brit expats, right behind the need to build a credit score.
Old May 1st 2005, 2:04 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
well that went down like a lead balloon.

ta to the 2 peeps whom volunteered though.
I know a fair amount about opera - will this help?

For a couple of I'm even willing to share how to get cheap but good seats at Covent Garden :scared:

Old May 1st 2005, 2:47 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

Manc, interesting idea and a very nice thought.

Perhaps though, that's actually what these boards are for. The only difference (which is good I think) would be that perhaps a "trigger" to the expert could be sent (email or whatever) when a post on that subject is made.

Sometimes us "experts" in a field are away from the boards and thus it can appear as though there is no help when people really need it.

Also, in a lot of cases the help comes from a group of "experts from experience". I know for one, I can try to help and be shot down because I've missed something. Sometimes "experts" can also be too far from the real world. - sometimes.

For now, it's these boards though.
Old May 1st 2005, 6:07 pm
Perfumdiva1

I'm your gal, if you need to know anything about Arabic perfumes and lovely bottles )

PD1

Old May 1st 2005, 6:33 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

why do you need a list experts?

Franklin things he knows everything
Bob has an opinion about everything
NC Penguin moves everything
BritinTexas argues with everything
WaxWabbit doesn't know anything
Pimpbot knows some things
Dr Scrumpy knows things when he is sober
I dont know when to keep quiet
but noone knows everything

so why do you need experts?
Old May 1st 2005, 6:45 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick

Old May 1st 2005, 9:09 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

<g>
Old May 1st 2005, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

Suess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to all

Sounds pretty good to me
Old May 2nd 2005, 1:10 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Manc
Given TRPardoe's post about how to buy a car in the USA if you aren't used to it.
I'd like to put together a list of Expats whom are experts in their relative field.
If you have something to offer, and wouldn't mind new or potential expats asking for advice, then let me know about you and your given field and I will happily make you an Expat Expert.

pm me if you wouldn't mind giving this a go.

I thought my area of expertise very useful Manc
Old May 2nd 2005, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

I object to the sober reference, it suggests I am occasionally in that state.
Old May 5th 2005, 9:05 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Just to keep the thread alive ..I will admit to being an expert on
Wedgwood china ...
Old May 5th 2005, 9:09 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Just to keep the thread alive ..I will admit to being an expert on
Wedgwood china ...
Hah! Wedgewood experts are a dime a dozen!

What we need is someone with an in-depth knowledge of Rosenthal...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.