Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

To everyone with or thinking about Direct TV

To everyone with or thinking about Direct TV

Old Sep 7th 2006, 10:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To everyone with or thinking about Direct TV

Originally Posted by Ray
But the A/C ain't nothing to do with the ****ing pool ...now is it ...
This was an additional expence
But a dip in the pool does cool you down...and Vic has a little one to think about. Some would say you have a little one too...but I wouldn't.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 10:59 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
But a dip in the pool does cool you down...and Vic has a little one to think about. Some would say you have a little one too...but I wouldn't.
LOL... I see your connection now ...God I hate poor people like myself ....
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:09 pm
sun lover

sambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Umm ..It cost me $3500 last month when I had a A/C failure ...
and we was without for a couple of days ..

Ever heard of a home warranty.........................................
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:15 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambuc
Ever heard of a home warranty.........................................
Not for old equipment ...like most extended warranties
a bit of a waste of money .........
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Not for old equipment ...like most extended warranties
a bit of a waste of money .........
We do pay a monthly amount to the power company to cover our A/C, heating and water heater....we have had our money's worth out of it and they send an engineer within a few hours. An odd time they haven't had the necessary part, but have returned after a couple of hours and replaced it.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:26 pm
Ray

We do pay a monthly amount to the power company to cover our A/C, heating and water heater....we have had our money's worth out of it and they send an engineer within a few hours. An odd time they haven't had the necessary part, but have returned after a couple of hours and replaced it.
Thats sound a good system ..but I bet its only up to a certain age of equipment
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:34 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britvic
I complained the other week to our housing office, I needed some one to come out and fix my A/C, well Saturday night at 9 two came had probs so more came to join them I ended up with 5 African Americans all looking like some thing from the ghetto :scared: in my house, Hubs not here, and then they had the bloody cheek to ask if I had any Tools they could borrow, needless to say I felt very uncomfortable, although they was nice, just came across as very unprofessional.
doesn't necessarily mean they were criminals Vic.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:36 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
Criminally useless if it took five to repair an A/C unit ...
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:36 pm
sun lover

sambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Ray]Not for old equipment ...like most extended warranties
a bit of a waste of money .........[/QUOT

Crap, we have taken home warranties out on our house for the last couple of years to cover the heating, a/c, pool and hot tub and much more.

Saved us a fortune, you just have to pay a $45 deductable when they come out. Then they fix your stuff.

In the last year we have had 3 repairs on our heating and a/c and 4 on the pool and hot tub.

Well worth the money IMOH.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:37 pm
Ray

[Crap, we have taken home warranties out on our house for the last couple of years to cover the heating, a/c, pool and hot tub and much more.
Saved us a fortune, you just have to pay a $45 deductable when they come out. Then they fix your stuff.
In the last year we have had 3 repairs on our heating and a/c and 4 on the pool and hot tub.
Well worth the money IMOH.
Bit what is the maxium age of the equipment they cover ..and how much are you paying per month...
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

She did say that Sally...that they were very nice...but you can understand how she felt on her own, at 9 pm. I probably wouldn't have even opened the door at that time.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:40 pm
sun lover

Originally Posted by Ray
Bit what is the maxium age of the equipment they cover ..and how much are you paying per month...
Our house is 5 years old, my sister took one out on her house which is 13 years old.

We paid about $500 for the year, I think you can pay monthly on some.

Do a google search for home warranty and see what is available for your area
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Our house is 5 years old, my sister took one out on her house which is 13 years old.

We paid about $500 for the year, I think you can pay monthly on some.

Do a google search for home warranty and see what is available for your area
We pay the gas company $30 per month...it covers all parts and labour for 2 A/C units, 2 heaters and the water heater...no deductible. Our house is 8 yrs old.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:56 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

You really have to be very careful who you let into your home....very worrying when you don't have a guy around.

Yes but knowing our Vic, she could have classed that as an orgy!
Old Sep 8th 2006, 12:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

I know, shouldn't judge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.