Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Is everyone still there?

Is everyone still there?

Old May 24th 2011, 8:20 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Is everyone still there?

plenty of Kosher Christians on the planet... I never mix grape and grain. I regularly wail at the (hole in the) Wall and always treat saturday as a day of rest.

Last edited by lyonsden1193; May 24th 2011 at 9:15 pm. Reason: bad typing
Old May 24th 2011, 11:19 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheepdip
He now says he mis-calculated but his 'end of the world' date of October 21st still stands.
This is exactly the sort of thing that happens because the education system no longer teaches little Johnny to do the math in his head! The guy miscalculates and gets the date wrong.

Ian
Old May 25th 2011, 2:23 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
This is exactly the sort of thing that happens because the education system no longer teaches little Johnny to do the math in his head! The guy miscalculates and gets the date wrong.

Ian

We're going to see those in maths problems books now aren't we?

"Little Harry said the world would end on date x, while his friend Maya said it would end on date y. Harry also claimed x was a variable, while Maya's y is a constant. Tell us in your own words how many natural laws of sanity Harry and Maya broke [worth 5 points, show your working]."
Old May 27th 2011, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider
I haven't been 'there' for a long time now....

But I am still 'here'!

My current version of reality is telling me the temperature is rising inexorably... not the precursor to the world blowing up just yet - simply evidence that Arizona, where I live, is still 'here'.

Can't speak for the rest of the world...

... and pretty sure I saw Doctor Who around these parts recently... so anything could have happened, and probably did!

Cheers

HTS
Ha, ha, I said "there" because I was in a bunker 500 feet underground listening to my Jimmy Swaggart tapes knowing that this would give me protection. If you send him a cheque for at least $1000 you are guaranteed a place in heaven.
Old May 27th 2011, 9:18 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of
Lightbulb Re: Is everyone still there?

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing

We're going to see those in maths problems books now aren't we?

"Little Harry said the world would end on date x, while his friend Maya said it would end on date y. Harry also claimed x was a variable, while Maya's y is a constant. Tell us in your own words how many natural laws of sanity Harry and Maya broke [worth 5 points, show your working]."
OK answer is # 3 laws

workings.... Harry's variable is determined by the number of gullible contributors. Maya's constant is determined by the amount of stone in the quarry.

1) Harry forgot to take the oil companies 'need for greed' into his financial calculations and apparently was using a pre y2k computer.Oil companies could not let it happen before the end of the 2nd quarter!!

2) Maya's stone quarry ran out of stone and because they could not see the Nasca lines they had to quit.

3) Both apparently purchased event disruption insurance from AIG with the Greek Govt as guarantor.
Old May 27th 2011, 9:40 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lyonsden1193
OK answer is # 3 laws

workings.... Harry's variable is determined by the number of gullible contributors. Maya's constant is determined by the amount of stone in the quarry.

1) Harry forgot to take the oil companies 'need for greed' into his financial calculations and apparently was using a pre y2k computer.Oil companies could not let it happen before the end of the 2nd quarter!!

2) Maya's stone quarry ran out of stone and because they could not see the Nasca lines they had to quit.

3) Both apparently purchased event disruption insurance from AIG with the Greek Govt as guarantor.
Well done. Full marks and 50 gold stars for you
Old May 27th 2011, 9:54 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Well done. Full marks and 50 gold stars for you
erm, minus one since the Nasca lines are in South America, not Central.
The answer we were looking for is sacbé.

He can still have the gold star though.
Old May 28th 2011, 4:07 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by meauxna
erm, minus one since the Nasca lines are in South America, not Central.
That'd be why the Mayans couldn't see them then, right