Wikiposts

EPL on ESPN

Old Nov 9th 2010, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of
Default Re: EPL on ESPN

Originally Posted by Boiler
I support Cov, we were relegated at about the same time I came over here. I remember watching us play West Ham in the Premiership the season before, live in Steamboat Springs. Just me and the now missus and some bemused bar staff.
What was the score?

Do you miss going to Cov games much? I expect you would do more if you were still at Highfield Rd but that new ground of yours is in a p#ss-poor location. As least when Saints moved they stayed in the city centre.

With the timezone lark I ain't even tried watching any games down a bar - just watch them at home. Plus not many bars are subscribed to SaintsTV to get the SFC radio commentary!
Old Nov 9th 2010, 5:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have my own bar.

My brother has a Season Ticket, he took over mine actually, but this was in the Highfield Road days. I have been to the your new ground a few years back, trying to remember the name of the Pub we went to.

The new ground is easier to get to by car and you can park in the Tesco car park. I usually go by train, walk to the pub we use in the city center and then share a cab to the ground. Something about going to a 13th Century pub before the game. And it has v good beer.

I tried Expat Shield, I have Satellite (Hughes) and our download is marginal without it and no up to it with it. But it is free and useful when you really need to see something. As long as I can download it!
Old Nov 9th 2010, 5:57 am
Frequent Flyer

Carolina Tiger is an unknown quantity at this point

I support Cov, we were relegated at about the same time I came over here. I remember watching us play West Ham in the Premiership the season before, live in Steamboat Springs. Just me and the now missus and some bemused bar staff.
I left Blighty just after we got back into the Championship in 2005. I went home at the tail end of last season with the hope of seeing the Tigers play a Premiership game.

All the games were sold out and I had someone offer me a ticket for the game against Villa but it was postponed due to the Villians playing in the FA cup so I never got to see the Tigers in the top flight. :-(
Old Nov 9th 2010, 5:59 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carolina Tiger
I left Blighty just after we got back into the Championship in 2005. I went home at the tail end of last season with the hope of seeing the Tigers play a Premiership game.

All the games were sold out and I had someone offer me a ticket for the game against Villa but it was postponed due to the Villians playing in the FA cup so I never got to see the Tigers in the top flight. :-(
I remember when you lost to Bradford on the last day of the 1996 season to go down to the old 4th division.

Bradford winning put them in the playoffs instead of us.

which is why i remember it, not because I have a hankering for following hull
Old Nov 9th 2010, 6:07 am
Frequent Flyer

Originally Posted by Manc
I remember when you lost to Bradford on the last day of the 1996 season to go down to the old 4th division.

Bradford winning put them in the playoffs instead of us.

which is why i remember it, not because I have a hankering for following hull
I left that game very depressed. I suspect that I got very drunk that night.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Manc
Wasn't that the day that for some reason Bradford got given the home end at Hull?
Old Nov 9th 2010, 6:51 am
Frequent Flyer

Originally Posted by TimberHut
Wasn't that the day that for some reason Bradford got given the home end at Hull?
Yeah, again another reason to get drunk.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

I have my own bar.
D'ya know - I've always said that if I wasn't a Saints fan I'd definitely support Coventry.

Is the bar in CO? Whereabouts? Steamboat Springs?

If so - then move it to Southern CO instead. Then next time I'm there I'll pop in for a pint or 2.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 8:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TimberHut
D'ya know - I've always said that if I wasn't a Saints fan I'd definitely support Coventry.

Is the bar in CO? Whereabouts? Steamboat Springs?

If so - then move it to Southern CO instead. Then next time I'm there I'll pop in for a pint or 2.
No, the trip to Steamboat was before I moved over, my first skiing experience.

I had a day with the 4 year olds and then they took me to the top.....

I remember we lost I think in the last few minutes, funny I remember defeats much more clearly than victories, a lot more of them to remember.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Boiler - so where is your bar then? Just curious...

BTW - Expat Shield does not work for a certain UK site that is known to be a fair way of betting.

It doesn't flash up instantly that you can't use it - but try logging in and it tells you politely to piss off.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Still no sign of any LFC games on ESPN yet....
Old Nov 12th 2010, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Soccer Ref will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Carolina Tiger
I am a Hull City fan and in the two years we were in the Premier League I missed only six games and I follow an unfashionable side by Premier league standards.

It is possible to watch every top four match either live or on delayed live coverage within a few hours of the final whistle. Fox Soccer Channel, Fox Soccer Plus, ESPN, ESPN 2, and GolTV will allow you to not miss any game.

They might just not be 100% live, but in the US it's easy to not find out the score. It's not like the great "Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads" episode with Brian Glover and England's trip to Hungary.

Unfortunately, as a Liverpool fan you may miss a few as your guys are having a stinker of a season so far.
I was curious as to where you lived in the UK if you were a Tigers fan, I lived in New Holland (just over the Ferry from Hull). Coincidentally, I am also a Liverpool fan, and have a huge metal "This is Anfield" on the wall next to my desk in my office.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 10:35 am
Frequent Flyer

Originally Posted by Soccer Ref
I was curious as to where you lived in the UK if you were a Tigers fan, I lived in New Holland (just over the Ferry from Hull). Coincidentally, I am also a Liverpool fan, and have a huge metal "This is Anfield" on the wall next to my desk in my office.
Sorry for your Mersey affliction. It does happen to some people on occasion but it usually wears off after time. I think we might be able to get you some therapy La.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 1:19 am

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Watching vs. Manure on ESPN2 now.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

I have no interest in watching ManUre unless it's a game where they are in a relegation battle, or playing LFC, of course.