EPL on ESPN

Old Nov 4th 2010, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default EPL on ESPN

Ok so I've kind of asked this question before but a different way. I checked back to that old thread and I didn't get the info I need.

I'm about to get cable and want to get all the Premiership footy I can. But cable in my area does not carry FSC or FSC+ (at this time).

Yes, I know I really need satellite to max out EPL coverage. But at the moment that's not an option since I'm renting.

My cable carrier does carry a lot of ESPN channels. My question is which channels is the EPL covered on, on the ESPN network. Is it mainly ESPN and ESPN2? Or neither of those? Or do they spread the coverage over all of their channels in order to try and make you subscribe to all of them?

TIA

BG
Old Nov 4th 2010, 5:28 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EPL on ESPN

Dont have cable, but ESPN3 (online) has some EPL games.

When I did have cable, ESPN and ESPN2 were both part of the basic package, (FSN was not basic) but back then ESPN only had the Champions League. Have you checked to see whichy ou get with the basic package?

Last edited by kimilseung; Nov 4th 2010 at 5:32 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Also worth checking if your cable company subscribes to espn3. Just go to espn3.com and you will quickly find out yay or nay.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

ESPN2 shows the odd game, usually one game on Saturday, sometimes a Monday game, sometimes nothing. ESPN shows games but I don't think I've ever seen it showing an EPL game. I don't think ESPN3 shows games that aren't shown on ESPN or ESPN2.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 8:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
ESPN2 shows the odd game, usually one game on Saturday, sometimes a Monday game, sometimes nothing.
ESPN2 has the rights to the early Saturday game, if there is one (12:45pm kickoff in England).
Old Nov 4th 2010, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

atlanta yorkie will become famous soon enoughatlanta yorkie will become famous soon enough

Have a look into www.foxsoccer.tv.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 10:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by atlanta yorkie
How much!!!!
Old Nov 4th 2010, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by atlanta yorkie
I guess that's an option, but it would be much better to be able to record matches on the DVR that comes with cable, and much better to watch matches natively on the TV rather than watching on the PC or trying to hook up a PC to the TV.

Anyone else got any info on the original question?
Old Nov 5th 2010, 1:28 am
Frequent Flyer

Carolina Tiger is an unknown quantity at this point

I write for a US website called www.livesoccertv.com they have every channel that shows footie in the English speaking world and more depending on the league.

There are also peer to peer sites that show feeds online from the Far East etc etc
Old Nov 5th 2010, 3:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

When we rented I had Dish installed.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
Anyone else got any info on the original question?
(as others have kinda said - but just to qualify....)

Some English Prem games used to be shown on ESPN - now they are shown on ESPN2. In HD - the quality is great.

Normally the early Sat game. If there isn't one then they will often show a 3pm English game - ie last week they showed Blackburn v Chelsea.

Some Monday night games. Depends on the teams. I was hoping to watch Blackpool v WBA the other day but it wasn't on. You can probably guess the teams that would get shown.

Shame you can't get FSC or FSC+ but at least with ESPN2 you will get to see something.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Carolina Tiger
I write for a US website called www.livesoccertv.com they have every channel that shows footie in the English speaking world and more depending on the league.
Cool. Handy site. In the 'Advanced Search' a live/delayed/both, TV/Online/Both and a 'choose country you are in' options would be a good improvement. Knowing what I could watch if I was in Australia ain't that useful.

Must admit I normally use http://www.soccertvlisting.com/ now as it just lists games being shown in the USA.

Without wanting to p#ss off Carolina Tiger too much - anyone else got any other soccer USA TV listings sites?
Old Nov 5th 2010, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

digbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to all

I use livesoccertv.com for a quick check to see what games are showing in the USA. I find it easy to use.

I have Verizon Fios with ESPN, Fox and Gol TV (which is handy for UEFA cup matches - happy days last night!!!). I have a total overload of football every weekend.

To the OP..... if you want football step up and and get your wallet out....Saying you wont get a dish because you rent is a little sad.....
Old Nov 5th 2010, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by digbydog
To the OP..... if you want football step up and and get your wallet out....Saying you wont get a dish because you rent is a little sad.....
A lot of apartment complexes don't allow satellite dishes to be put up so you have to go with cable. No choice.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 5:15 pm
Frequent Flyer

Carolina Tiger is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TimberHut
A lot of apartment complexes don't allow satellite dishes to be put up so you have to go with cable. No choice.
I have found that you will lose your deposit but they generally won't stop you. I bit the bullet and got Directv event though the apartment complex I live in says no satellite dishes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.