Wikiposts

EPL on ESPN

Old Nov 5th 2010, 5:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EPL on ESPN

Originally Posted by Carolina Tiger
I have found that you will lose your deposit but they generally won't stop you. I bit the bullet and got Directv event though the apartment complex I live in says no satellite dishes.
I am pretty sure Colorado has a statute that say you can have Satellite, not matter what the complex says.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 5:59 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

I have Comcast cable and they show some UK games.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies once more.

Like digbydog, I am an LFC fan so am looking for a lot of coverage of them.

Livesoccertv.com does seem a lot better than soccertvlisting.com for ease of seeing what's coming up.

I guess I'll suck it and see with ESPN and ESPN2 and see if it's worth adding other ESPN channels later.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

digbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to all

If you get ESPN, Fox and Gol Tv you will see nearly every Liverpool game live. Sometimes there might be a delayed game so if you can stay away from the internet during the day it still seems live

LFC have a huge following in the USA (and worldwide) and therefore major coverage.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 3:14 pm
Frequent Flyer

Carolina Tiger is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by digbydog
If you get ESPN, Fox and Gol Tv you will see nearly every Liverpool game live. Sometimes there might be a delayed game so if you can stay away from the internet during the day it still seems live

LFC have a huge following in the USA (and worldwide) and therefore major coverage.
I am a Hull City fan and in the two years we were in the Premier League I missed only six games and I follow an unfashionable side by Premier league standards.

It is possible to watch every top four match either live or on delayed live coverage within a few hours of the final whistle. Fox Soccer Channel, Fox Soccer Plus, ESPN, ESPN 2, and GolTV will allow you to not miss any game.

They might just not be 100% live, but in the US it's easy to not find out the score. It's not like the great "Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads" episode with Brian Glover and England's trip to Hungary.

Unfortunately, as a Liverpool fan you may miss a few as your guys are having a stinker of a season so far.
Old Nov 7th 2010, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like I need to hound my cable operator to pick up the Fox channels ASAP!

Never heard of Gol TV, need to look into that.

Oh and are there any good highlighs programs on ESPN for the EPL? To see brief highlights and goals etc?

Cheers once more fellows!

Last edited by BritishGuy36; Nov 7th 2010 at 11:52 am.
Old Nov 7th 2010, 12:08 pm
Account Closed

Unfortunately, as a Liverpool fan you may miss a few as your guys are having a stinker of a season so far.
Chelsea may disagree
Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

paulinespens will become famous soon enoughpaulinespens will become famous soon enough

Anyone with XBOX Live can watch the ESPN3's games on there tv.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:12 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
Sounds like I need to hound my cable operator to pick up the Fox channels ASAP!

Never heard of Gol TV, need to look into that.

Oh and are there any good highlighs programs on ESPN for the EPL? To see brief highlights and goals etc?

Cheers once more fellows!
Dont forget downloads, might be best to get match of the day for highlights.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 10:06 am
Frequent Flyer

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Dont forget downloads, might be best to get match of the day for highlights.
It might be a good idea to download expat shield so that you can watch iPlayer from the Beeb as well. It acts as a proxy server
Old Nov 9th 2010, 12:55 am
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

It might be a good idea to download expat shield so that you can watch iPlayer from the Beeb as well. It acts as a proxy server
You mean http://www.expatshield.com/ ?

Anyone use it? Is it any good? What's the catch(s)?

Just that over the years I've just got a bit skeptical of these free proxy things. They often work really slowly (or don't work at all), install gawd know's what on your machine (that is hard to get rid of), take up a lot of resources etc etc.

If it works well I can handle advertising whilst using it - no problem with that. I'd even click a couple of links...
Old Nov 9th 2010, 2:40 am
Frequent Flyer

Originally Posted by TimberHut
You mean http://www.expatshield.com/ ?

Anyone use it? Is it any good? What's the catch(s)?

Just that over the years I've just got a bit skeptical of these free proxy things. They often work really slowly (or don't work at all), install gawd know's what on your machine (that is hard to get rid of), take up a lot of resources etc etc.

If it works well I can handle advertising whilst using it - no problem with that. I'd even click a couple of links...

I've downloaded it and it's pretty good. Yeah, it does slow your system down a little when it's turned on but there is a button on your toolbar that you can turn on or off as you need.

It's great for the Beebs iPlayer and MOTD, Footie Focus etc
Old Nov 9th 2010, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

I've downloaded it and it's pretty good. Yeah, it does slow your system down a little when it's turned on but there is a button on your toolbar that you can turn on or off as you need.

It's great for the Beebs iPlayer and MOTD, Footie Focus etc
Cheers 'Tiger - I may give it a go.

Must admit I don't miss really BBC or ITV (football coverage or otherwise) but it would be handy sometimes for the odd thing.

Goes without saying - you need to Hull to stay up. Once you go down to League One then you really do struggle to see any live games on USA TV. At least you get to see the odd one whilst in the Championship.

Just hoping Southampton can get their sh#t together this year. 2nd place (or winning the play-offs) will do fine. Then go up again (easy!) and I can see 75% of our games on live or delay. You watch - they will get back into the Prem and then it will be that season that USA TV stops bothering showing English football at all on TV!!!
Old Nov 9th 2010, 4:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TimberHut
Cheers 'Tiger - I may give it a go.

Must admit I don't miss really BBC or ITV (football coverage or otherwise) but it would be handy sometimes for the odd thing.

Goes without saying - you need to Hull to stay up. Once you go down to League One then you really do struggle to see any live games on USA TV. At least you get to see the odd one whilst in the Championship.

Just hoping Southampton can get their sh#t together this year. 2nd place (or winning the play-offs) will do fine. Then go up again (easy!) and I can see 75% of our games on live or delay. You watch - they will get back into the Prem and then it will be that season that USA TV stops bothering showing English football at all on TV!!!
I support Cov, we were relegated at about the same time I came over here. I remember watching us play West Ham in the Premiership the season before, live in Steamboat Springs. Just me and the now missus and some bemused bar staff.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

Bladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of light

I don't even subscribe to basic cable. Just a digital TV connected to my computer is enough

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.