Enjoy Christmas Dinner!

Enjoy Christmas Dinner!

Old Dec 19th 2005, 10:29 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Enjoy Christmas Dinner!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4501646.stm
Old Dec 19th 2005, 10:31 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Enjoy Christmas Dinner!

I am sure the people of Wisconsin will be happy that they don't top this list anymore

Must be all that Southern cooking
Old Dec 20th 2005, 12:51 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

He says the problem is the "huge amount of money to be made from a fatter population".

I think that quote just about says it all.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 1:08 am
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing like a little BBC condescension:
Yet the US obesity problem has particular resonance, perhaps because it is reflection of the modern way of life the country typifies, with its junk food and technology of convenience.
Their reporters love to get a few licks in on the dastardly Yanks, ignoring the fact that Scotland has a higher obesity rate than the US (particularly among children) and that the entirety of Britain is fast approaching the US (22% of adults are obese in Britain vs. 29% in the US).

Don't get me wrong, people are really fat in the US, but singling us out when this is clearly a global problem is unfair.

Also:
By contrast, affluent Colorado...
Colorado is far from "affluent".
Old Dec 20th 2005, 1:09 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ScousePete
I am sure the people of Wisconsin will be happy that they don't top this list anymore

Im surprised FLA isnt in that lot.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 1:12 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a documentary with Victoria Wood in the US talking about fat people some doc was on it she said that she is seeing kids with liver disease and livers similar to those of a duck after being fattened for foie gras
Old Dec 20th 2005, 3:37 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Im surprised FLA isnt in that lot.
FL is probably saved by the number of elderly living in the state. Take them out of the equation and FL would be in the top ten I'm sure.

NC Penguin
Old Dec 20th 2005, 3:38 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScousePete

I see Manc's doing his bit for Michigan...

NC Penguin
Old Dec 20th 2005, 4:03 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
FL is probably saved by the number of elderly living in the state. Take them out of the equation and FL would be in the top ten I'm sure.

NC Penguin
Florida is safed by the thousands of starving Cuban refugees that reach Miami everyday!
Old Dec 20th 2005, 6:13 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
I saw a documentary with Victoria Wood in the US talking about fat people some doc was on it she said that she is seeing kids with liver disease and livers similar to those of a duck after being fattened for foie gras
That would be the duck doc
Old Dec 20th 2005, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

redlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to behold

Since I arrived here in November 2004,I have been struggling with my weight
.In July I decided I needed to lose some of the weight as It's no fun being overweight when the temps are in the 90's.
By December 11th I had lost 18 lb's and feeling very pleased with myself.
My son and daughter-in-law arrived on the 11th Dec for Christmas and New Year...........It is now the 20th Dec and I have already put on 3 lb's !!!!!
Agggggggggggg!
I am fasting today as I am off to the dentist.
I was shocked at how quickly I gained those three pounds,and the next few weeks will be a real test of willpower.
Redlobster.
P.S They went shopping yesterday and came back with a lovely box of chocs....................
Old Dec 20th 2005, 1:25 pm
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by lionheart
That would be the duck doc
Do you refer to him as a 'quack' ?