Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

English premier league football

English premier league football

Old Jan 2nd 2011, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

flogmad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English premier league football

I'd like to carry on watching English Premier League and Champions League football once we move to the US next month.

Come to think of it, European Tour and USPGA golf as well.

Can anyone recommend a good satellite or cable provider?

Thanks
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 7:21 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English premier league football

Originally Posted by flogmad
I'd like to carry on watching English Premier League and Champions League football once we move to the US next month.

Premier league games are shown on Fox Soccer Channel and ESPN2. In my experience you can get both by paying about $10 a month extra on top of a basic cable package (providers vary from area to area - where are you moving to?). Generally speaking the midday (UK time) Saturday prem kickoff is shown live on ESPN2, then one of the 3pm kickoffs and the 5pm kickoff are both shown live on FSC. Usually only the 4pm Sunday game is shown on FSC, but today they showed the earlier kickoff as well, which gave us a welcome opportunity to laugh at Chelsea conceding a 92nd minute equaliser in real time.

FSC also shows a sprinkling of midweek games live, and a full hour of highlights including all the weekend's goals on Sunday evenings.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Come to think of it, European Tour and USPGA golf as well.

Thanks
DirecTV carries the most, if you are willing to stump up the cash. As said, Fox Soccer Channel shows a lot, that is available with any directv package as a sports pack add on ($12.99 a month) along with GolTV that has other football, Fox soccer plus is an extra $14.99 a month I think, ESPN channels are included in most packages and so are the UEFA channels which are exclusove to DirecTV and show pretty much every game in the Europa league.

If you want sports in general pretty much everything can be had on DirecTV if you have enough money.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by elfman
Premier league games are shown on Fox Soccer Channel and ESPN2. In my experience you can get both by paying about $10 a month extra on top of a basic cable package (providers vary from area to area - where are you moving to?). Generally speaking the midday (UK time) Saturday prem kickoff is shown live on ESPN2, then one of the 3pm kickoffs and the 5pm kickoff are both shown live on FSC. Usually only the 4pm Sunday game is shown on FSC, but today they showed the earlier kickoff as well, which gave us a welcome opportunity to laugh at Chelsea conceding a 92nd minute equaliser in real time.

FSC also shows a sprinkling of midweek games live, and a full hour of highlights including all the weekend's goals on Sunday evenings.
We'll be living just outside Tampa, FL. Sounds like there's more live TV coverage in the US than in the UK. They don't show any 3pm Saturday matches in the UK which dates back to the age when the football league thought it would discourage people going to the grounds to watch the games. And as an Arsenal fan it's been an enjoyable few weeks seeing Chelsea's recent demise.

Thanks for the fast response.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
DirecTV carries the most, if you are willing to stump up the cash. As said, Fox Soccer Channel shows a lot, that is available with any directv package as a sports pack add on ($12.99 a month) along with GolTV that has other football, Fox soccer plus is an extra $14.99 a month I think, ESPN channels are included in most packages and so are the UEFA channels which are exclusove to DirecTV and show pretty much every game in the Europa league.

If you want sports in general pretty much everything can be had on DirecTV if you have enough money.
Thanks. At least I'll have the important stuff sorted out pretty easily. Now I can turn my attention to less important things like SSNs and driving licenses
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

BHAFC14 is on a distinguished road

Slightly off topic – looks like Beckham could be on his way back to Premiership football if the deal between Spurs and LA Galaxy goes ahead. I’m sure Landon Donovan will be really upset!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...er-United.html
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 8:03 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

We have a WIKI article on how to watch UK and European sports in the USA.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/English_Sports_in_America
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 4:22 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinsix
We have a WIKI article on how to watch UK and European sports in the USA.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/English_Sports_in_America
It's a bit out of date. Talks about Sentanta and doesn't mention Fox Soccer Plus which replaced it.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 4:32 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

We'll be living just outside Tampa, FL. Sounds like there's more live TV coverage in the US than in the UK. They don't show any 3pm Saturday matches in the UK which dates back to the age when the football league thought it would discourage people going to the grounds to watch the games. And as an Arsenal fan it's been an enjoyable few weeks seeing Chelsea's recent demise.

Thanks for the fast response.
It gets a bit much to be honest, we had Fox Soccer Plus in the last house with Time Warner but can't get it here with AT&T, still on New Years Day I had 4 games to watch, would have had 7 if we still had Plus, if you're not careful its all you do.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 7:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
It's a bit out of date. Talks about Sentanta and doesn't mention Fox Soccer Plus which replaced it.
could always update it, the plus of a wiki
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to max out your EPL coverage, you need DirecTV.

Some cable operators carry FSC, but a lot do not (including mine ). On DirecTV, you can get FSC and FSC+ (which took over the schedule that Setanta used to have).

Between FSC, FSC+ and ESPN2 you can get about 80% of all EPL games of most EPL teams, especially if you are a supporter of one of the top teams.

The great thing about watching from outside the UK is that they are allowed to show Saturday 3pm GMT games too, nice to have a good brekky and footy on Saturday mornings here. Perfect time for those of us in EST....10am kick off, don't even have to get up too early.

Last edited by BritishGuy36; Jan 3rd 2011 at 8:09 pm.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 8:54 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
could always update it, the plus of a wiki
I thought about it, but I mucked everything up when I wrote an article once so I thought I'd play on the safe side.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36

Between FSC, FSC+ and ESPN2 you can get about 80% of all EPL games of most EPL teams, especially if you are a supporter of one of the top teams.
Good thing about FSC+ it carries some of the Championship league games for those of us who support one of those teams. COYH
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 9:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
I thought about it, but I mucked everything up when I wrote an article once so I thought I'd play on the safe side.
could always copy and paste it here and say where it needs to go and someone could update it for you
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 9:37 pm
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

I really hope that comcast will add Fox Soccer+ to their line up soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.