British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   English food in the USA mostly Sausages (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/english-food-usa-mostly-sausages-709187/)

tonrob Apr 7th 2011 11:06 pm

Re: English food in the USA mostly Sausages

Originally Posted by Alice73 (Post 9292538)
They look delish!!!!

Proper Bo, I tell thee! :)

Bob Apr 7th 2011 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by tonrob (Post 9292534)

They any good then?

The morning star breakfast ones are pretty nice, but they don't have that satisfying crunch to the skin.

pTeronaut Apr 7th 2011 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 9292570)
They any good then?

The morning star breakfast ones are pretty nice, but they don't have that satisfying crunch to the skin.

I was a big fan of Richmond Irish Recipe sausages back in the UK, Tommy Moloney's make a good representation of those.

chrisrodac Apr 8th 2011 7:14 pm

Hello
You may get all your choice in some of the restaurants of Vermont, California and all over the USA.

Brat1 Apr 8th 2011 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by pTeronaut (Post 9292578)
I was a big fan of Richmond Irish Recipe sausages back in the UK, Tommy Moloney's make a good representation of those.

Cool, do Tommy Moloney's deliver anywhere in the US do you know, never heard of them but I'm having a look just now - interesting stuff this, spending my Friday evening, talking about bangers - just about sums up my life :D

Brat1 Apr 8th 2011 11:21 pm

Sorry, looked on the website and I've answered my own question and the transit to CT is only a day - think I'll give them a go so thanks for that!! :thumbsup:

Bob Apr 9th 2011 12:41 am

Originally Posted by Brat1 (Post 9294350)
Sorry, looked on the website and I've answered my own question and the transit to CT is only a day - think I'll give them a go so thanks for that!! :thumbsup:

there's a few places that'll ship within a day to CT...there's a couple places in MA....so might be worth seeing who has the best price :)

pTeronaut Apr 9th 2011 2:03 am

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 9294428)
there's a few places that'll ship within a day to CT...there's a couple places in MA....so might be worth seeing who has the best price :)

Yep, it seems that the many of the English style meat producers in the US, are in the East coast, New England areas. :)

flbrit59 Apr 9th 2011 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Brat1 (Post 9294350)

Let us know if they're any good

Brat1 Apr 9th 2011 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by flbrit59 (Post 9295249)
Let us know if they're any good

They're looking for over $11 shipping for a 5lb box of sausages - do you think that's good or am I being stingy????

Bob Apr 9th 2011 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by Brat1 (Post 9295548)
They're looking for over $11 shipping for a 5lb box of sausages - do you think that's good or am I being stingy????

that's not to bad going...

paulinespens Apr 10th 2011 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by Brat1 (Post 9295548)

I got some Bacon, Sausage, Black and White Pudding during christmas It takes 2 days for the stuff to get here via UPS ground shipping.

The packaging comes in Dry Ice and arrived nice and cold too. Considering the effort of the packaging I don't think $11 is too bad.

Brat1 Apr 10th 2011 7:42 pm

Thanks guys, remember I'm a stingy Scottish person :D NOT!! I think $11 is quite good too so I'm going to give them a go - will report back :D

aceastwood Apr 11th 2011 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by geeandtee (Post 9288932)
I think those two words are mutually exclusive.
During the 8 years I was in the U.S. I never found a decent brat.

Each to their own, but I like the Kroger Beer Brats better than the name brands. And cooked on the grill - I have come across people boiling brats, and they are disgusting.

spaniola Apr 12th 2011 12:04 am

Originally Posted by aceastwood (Post 9299341)
Each to their own, but I like the Kroger Beer Brats better than the name brands. And cooked on the grill - I have come across people boiling brats, and they are disgusting.

:thumbup: I agree . just taste so much better ..