Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

England v USA - Chicago, Post game drinking.

England v USA - Chicago, Post game drinking.

Old May 29th 2005, 2:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: England v USA - Chicago, Post game drinking.

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
It was just surreal to see Chicago swarming with English people.
Yes, that was weird, we must have outnumbered the yanks 3:1!!

Shame about the crowd control after the game.

Post game drinks were lots of fun, walking into 'The Elephant & Castle' was like walking into a British pub, about 99% of the patrons were English. It was nice to meet everyone, me and Kristy had a really good time.

Here's some of the fans.

Here's photo 1 of the post game drinks, and here's photo 2. Sarah manages to hide in both!

Last edited by anotherlimey; May 29th 2005 at 2:27 pm.
Old May 30th 2005, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

hello this is james, that was a good turn out and a dam good weekend, the only thing thats left me confused whether or not they were scotland in disguise hehehe
Old May 30th 2005, 1:22 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jan_michigan
hello this is james, that was a good turn out and a dam good weekend, the only thing thats left me confused whether or not they were scotland in disguise hehehe
James would you get your own damn identity on here please?

PS. How's your conversational technique coming along?
Old May 30th 2005, 2:37 pm
A Cockney Floridian

Location: Originally-Leyton E10,London, then Harlow new town, Essex, and eventually ended up in Orlando area
callowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Manc
We are.

but some people live in California with a family of 4 people and it suddenly costs $2,000 for 90 minutes of footie.

Right, plus its on ESPN live for free
as its only a friendly, not worth the airfare from Orlando and hotel etc.

plus, it wasnt even the full side, lots of newbies....

Im thinking of going to germany next year tho !!
Old May 31st 2005, 12:49 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Yes, that was weird, we must have outnumbered the yanks 3:1!!

Shame about the crowd control after the game.

Post game drinks were lots of fun, walking into 'The Elephant & Castle' was like walking into a British pub, about 99% of the patrons were English. It was nice to meet everyone, me and Kristy had a really good time.

Here's some of the fans.

Here's photo 1 of the post game drinks, and here's photo 2. Sarah manages to hide in both!
Thanks for the photos. I couldn't go as I was looking after our daughter by myself and she's too young to have taken to the game. Lovely to see some very English faces, though. KWIM? Sometimes you can tell someone's from the UK just by looking at them.
Old Jun 7th 2005, 6:20 pm
Essex Girl

helenw is an unknown quantity at this point

Bloody footie! OK so not every Brit is a footie fan, I certainly aint. Not now anyway! I was going to Chicago that weekend to go to a bit of a swinging party with my hubby to be. Silly me I tried to fly standby on the friday, Heathrow appeared to be full of footie fans. Oh joy. Had to go via Washington Dulles instead and got into Chicago 9 hours later than expected. Thats a lot of time with my man when you are only there for the weekend!