Wikiposts

The end ???

Old Mar 20th 2006, 6:06 am
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The end ???

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
I don't want to get into the reasons for the fall out for many reasons - for a start I can only give my side of things which probably won't help much. Anyway, suffice it to say that it is dead in the water - this is all about what I do next.

As for the other stuff - my job here sucks but the opportunities here are far more - that was the second reason for moving here in the first place (after her).
I miss my family and friends back home a lot, but like you said, the other things aren't that big of a deal.
However if I stay here I need to find my own place, etc and I will be well and truely on my own - most stuff I did over here I did with her. I just don't know if I could face starting over again over here by myself, it was hard enough the first time with her.

Right now its still a struggle to get my head round this, but sooner rather than later I need to make a decision - I just don't know where to start
Ah Davy sorry to hear about the break up.
Maybe this will be an opportunity for you to move to another state where job opportunities might be better. Think it through before you decide to go home.Good luck to you .
Old Mar 20th 2006, 6:07 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger...hmmm...only had the greencard 9 months, so no point in bothering with citizenship then...but then again, it wasn't a cheap investment, so might be worth sticking it out here for a few months, least get a year in before jacking this place in?
Old Mar 20th 2006, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

mickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear your news.

I moved here 3 1/2 years ago to marry my USC wife. While I enjoy living here, if it wasn't for her I would probably move back to Blighty.
I dont think I could handle living here on my own.

Good luck with everything.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 6:08 am

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by woodsey
sorry to hear thats its not worked out with your partner..

reading between the lines of your posts I think you hate it here, with no reason to stay, get yourself home.

this is about Dave, not you Woodsey!
Old Mar 20th 2006, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pigtails
this is about Dave, not you Woodsey!
huh..
Old Mar 20th 2006, 6:11 am

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

huh..

I didn't get anything "between the lines" from Dave that said he hated it here. I thought maybe you were being funny cus you'd like to go home.
Sorry I misunderstood.

I'll get me coat....
Old Mar 20th 2006, 6:13 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't add much more but sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. Are you sure the split is irrevocable? Best not to make too hasty decisions. thinking of you.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 6:18 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Get yourself off home for a holiday. Do some talking to your mum and family, think it all over, come back here and see how you feel.
I understand you not want to face starting over again here on your own, I wouldn't want to either.
Maybe you should move out of the mid-west?
Old Mar 20th 2006, 6:21 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sarah
Maybe you should move out of the mid-west?
yeah good idea..why not try texas...plenty of room for all of us
Old Mar 20th 2006, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about you and your GF calling it a day. I know for sure I wouldn't stay here if it wasn't for my husband, but then I have kids, if I was young free and single it might be a different matter. I would give it a little while, at least two or three months, before making a final decision, aren't you going home for a visit soonish??

Good luck whatever you decide.

Annette
Old Mar 20th 2006, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pigtails
I didn't get anything "between the lines" from Dave that said he hated it here. I thought maybe you were being funny cus you'd like to go home.
Sorry I misunderstood.

I'll get me coat....
hey, no worries..I wouldn't go back now if you paid me. I'm just going on things he said in the past about being here, if I was in the same position and split with my partner I wouldn't hesitate in getting the first plane home, its hard enough settling when your with someone never mind trying to do it on your own. I just don't see the point in prolonging the agony just for the sake of maybe gaining citizenship and being able to stay permanently. But its a tough call, it may work out if he stays but it may not, its a crappy position to be in and I feel for you Davy..
Old Mar 20th 2006, 6:22 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Apply for a re-entry I-131 ... then sod off home to check if the grass is greener ..if not.. you can still come back....
Old Mar 20th 2006, 6:24 am
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute

hey, no worries..I wouldn't go back now if you paid me. I'm just going on things he said in the past about being here, if I was in the same position and split with my partner I wouldn't hesitate in getting the first plane home, its hard enough settling when your with someone never mind trying to do it on your own. I just don't see the point in prolonging the agony just for the sake of maybe gaining citizenship and being able to stay permanently. But its a tough call, it may work out if he stays but it may not, its a crappy position to be in and I feel for you Davy..
Hey you, got home safely then! Don't you go home this Thursday?
Old Mar 20th 2006, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to hear thats its not worked out with your partner..

reading between the lines of your posts I think you hate it here, with no reason to stay, get yourself home.
I was just going to say what Woodsey's already said, you'v not been a happy bunny over here, I know that feeling only to well, get yourself home mate you need friends and family around best wishes my friend.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 6:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Well, could this be it ??
Though I secured my green card under my own steam I primarily moved here to be with my USC girlfriend.
After a serious falling out at the weekend it looks like that is most likely over.

So what know ??
Well, the regulars on here will know that I'm currently job hunting as my current position sucks and I have been missing a lot of stuff about home.
The easiest thing for me to do now would be to move back home.
Obviously that would result in me losing my Green Card and the option to return to the US would not be available to me which makes any move back final - that would be it.

Any thoughts/opinions ??
You always seem like an upbeat kinda guy its so sad to hear you down like this.

It is always very difficult when a relationship comes to an end. Better to find out now than in a few years time when maybe you're married and have children.

Look at it this way Davy you can freely look for a job anywhere in the US, that's what I would do. You're young, single with no ties, take advantage of that and experience other parts of America while you can. You have said that there are far more career opportunities here for you, so why not give it a little more time and broaden your horizons.

When we first came to live here I found it really hard, I missed family, friends, home and everything that was so familiar. I basically missed my life. Even after a few months when we were talking about going back, I knew deep down that it would be very difficult to settle in England. That's what makes it so difficult for most expats isn't it? That not belonging anywhere feeling.

Whatever you do keep your options open, don't close any doors permanently.

Good luck. Don't let the buggers get you down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.