Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Emp. Auth.,How Long did you wait?

Emp. Auth.,How Long did you wait?

Old Apr 15th 2004, 3:15 am
Just Joined

Wee Besom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emp. Auth.,How Long did you wait?

Aagh!!
As I've been waiting almost 2 years for my green card after marrying an american, without success,I thought I would apply for "advance parole" to get home for a visit while waiting and noticed to my alarm that I am supposed to apply to renew my Emp. Auth. card 6 months in advance and I only have a month until mine runs out!Help! Has anyone else done this or got any advice or comments on this ?
Old Apr 15th 2004, 3:28 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emp. Auth.,How Long did you wait?

Originally posted by Wee Besom
Aagh!!
As I've been waiting almost 2 years for my green card after marrying an american, without success,I thought I would apply for "advance parole" to get home for a visit while waiting and noticed to my alarm that I am supposed to apply to renew my Emp. Auth. card 6 months in advance and I only have a month until mine runs out!Help! Has anyone else done this or got any advice or comments on this ?
Are you saying you are still waiting for your GC for two years after your AOS interview or waiting 2 years for the interview..
Location?
Old Apr 15th 2004, 3:37 am
Just Joined

In Tampa still waiting for the interview,I got a letter May 2003 telling me that I would have an interview soon and to contact them March 3rd if I had not heard from them.To be honest that's why I didn't think too much about the E.A. renewal because I thought my interview would come first.When I called them Macrh 3rd,all they told me was that I could be waiting atleast another 2 years with no explanation of why I still had not been interviewed.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 3:48 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

In Tampa still waiting for the interview,I got a letter May 2003 telling me that I would have an interview soon and to contact them March 3rd if I had not heard from them.To be honest that's why I didn't think too much about the E.A. renewal because I thought my interview would come first.When I called them Macrh 3rd,all they told me was that I could be waiting atleast another 2 years with no explanation of why I still had not been interviewed.
According to the chart they are currently working on March 2002 for 1-485 applications.. but only about 4 weeks for both EAD and Advance parole. You can do the EAD app on-line and get an interview via infopass for the AP..also ask them at the same time about AOS...
Old Apr 15th 2004, 3:54 am
Just Joined

cheers for this,I'm glad you know how to get the right info from this site,mabye it's too late at night for me but couldn't seem to make much sense of it.
thanks again
Old Apr 15th 2004, 4:01 am
Ray

cheers for this,I'm glad you know how to get the right info from this site,mabye it's too late at night for me but couldn't seem to make much sense of it.
thanks again
Late at night ..its only midnight ...I used Tampa for AOS a few years back though.. you can't be far from me..
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 1:37 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by ray6
Late at night ..its only midnight ...I used Tampa for AOS a few years back though.. you can't be far from me..
Sorry about that,fell asleep the other night after too many hours of trying to make sense of the uscis website! I have applied to renew my card and have an appointment for 3 days after my card runs out and am hoping that they issue one that day as my drivers license will not be renewed without a valid employment card.I have also got an appointment for next week to just go in discuss my case as they have said on the helpline that I cannot expect it to be issued till 90 after requesting it(2 months after it runs out) I have visited them several times in the past 2 years and normally have not received much sympathy or assistance,is there such a thing that allows you to work while your wait for a renewal?I know I am clutching at straws but I just cannot believe that they will force me into losing my source of income over renewing a card that I have already gone through the checking process for!Grrrrr,sorry,had to vent.How close are you to me?I live in South Tampa,have you had a better experience than me with the whole process?
Thanks again for your help
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 11:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure that you can only reapply for an EAD 90 days before it expires. I do know that as long as you have applied, thats ok. You don't need to physically have a new card, just proof you applied. That's only for extensions, not first time applications.
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Duncan Roberts
I'm pretty sure that you can only reapply for an EAD 90 days before it expires. I do know that as long as you have applied, thats ok. You don't need to physically have a new card, just proof you applied. That's only for extensions, not first time applications.
The INS themselves or whatever they are called today, advise on their website to apply SIX MONTHS before it runs out. I did, and it took them 5 months to get to me.

Good luck on the AOS wait....i've been waiting 2 years, beedn told it could take 3-6 years more.
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 10:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Thats news to me. When I got my EAD they told me I should reapply 90 days before it expired and they would not accept the application if it came in before the 90 days. I wonder if the reason you are entitled to an EAD has anything to do with it.
Old Apr 24th 2004, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

I checked the website and it did say 6 months but this is the first time I noticed it and the helpline still says 90 days.I now have a letter saying that I have applied but had to turn down a job offer yesterday as their company insists that I have a valid card in my posession or they cannot have me on the payroll.I really am approaching saturation level with all this red tape.I don't mind that there are delays in getting my green card but to prevent me from visiting my family and even being able to support myself and having to pay every time to renew things quite frankly disgusts me.
whew glad to get that off my chest,I have an interview on the 30th so we'll see what happens
Old Apr 24th 2004, 1:41 pm
Ray

How close are you to me?I live in South Tampa,have you had a better experience than me with the whole process?
Thanks again for your help
I am north of Tampa...my experience of Tampa was a few years back.. so no relevence now.. its all changed.. but I did go down there a few weeks ago to take a friend who waited 9 months after her AOS interview for the security clearance... and I though it had improved by leaps and bounds and was very efficient compared to what it used to be... They used to do the EAD there but now I believe its done at the support center now.. hopefully you will get it sorted on the 30th
Old Apr 24th 2004, 4:22 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
I am north of Tampa...my experience of Tampa was a few years back.. so no relevence now.. its all changed.. but I did go down there a few weeks ago to take a friend who waited 9 months after her AOS interview for the security clearance... and I though it had improved by leaps and bounds and was very efficient compared to what it used to be... They used to do the EAD there but now I believe its done at the support center now.. hopefully you will get it sorted on the 30th
I've been waiting since November for mine. I was fingerprinted in January and still I've heard nothing. Mine is through Georgia and the Atlanta Support Centre.

My case status hasn't changed and I'm getting fed up of waiting. My funds from my UK move are just about dried up and I'm still not allowed to make a living to support my family. Won't be long before I'll have to throw in the towel and return to the UK just so I can bloody work. Then that will screw up my AOS.

But hell, it's all fun.
Old Apr 24th 2004, 4:53 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Blimey rincewind!

I got mine in 28 days from Baltimore, didn't get fingerprinted though, they just took my piccie and got me to sign a piece of card and it was in my hand about 10 minutes later.

You could've got an interim EAD on the 91st day after your notice date; I don't know if you still could now. Have you tried contacting the office where you filed your AOS?
Old Apr 24th 2004, 5:21 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
Blimey rincewind!

I got mine in 28 days from Baltimore, didn't get fingerprinted though, they just took my piccie and got me to sign a piece of card and it was in my hand about 10 minutes later.

You could've got an interim EAD on the 91st day after your notice date; I don't know if you still could now. Have you tried contacting the office where you filed your AOS?
I did everything through a lawyer. I'll probably call them tomorrow and get them to work for the money I gave them.

I hate not being able to work and it's driving me insane.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.