Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Election Results Shell Shock!?!

Election Results Shell Shock!?!

Old Nov 3rd 2004, 2:49 am
Franklin

Exclamation Election Results Shell Shock!?!

Election Results brought to you by Flash in the Pan

What!?! :scared:

Or is it a bunch of smiles with you?

Which? Don't spare the horses ...

Old Nov 3rd 2004, 4:57 am
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Location: Cambridge MA, via Mississippi and Belfast Northern Ireland.
Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future
Unhappy Re: Election Results Shell Shock!?!

Originally Posted by Patent Attorney

What!?!

Or is it a bunch of smiles with you?

Which? Don't spare the horses ...
This country is ****ing crazy!

Honestly, time to go back to Europe?

I can not believe this incompetent cretin has won by this kind of margin its amazing and very frightening. Welcome to definately the most hated country on the planet from here on in.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 5:15 am
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Election Results Shell Shock!?!

Quite amazing. How one person can be so destructive yet still win......
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 5:28 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Aye, slightly scary how he managed to get so many votes....hard to believe that it could be a close run thing ain't it...
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

To paraphrase Lincon, You can fool enough of the people enough of the time.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 7:22 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bob
Aye, slightly scary how he managed to get so many votes....hard to believe that it could be a close run thing ain't it...
There seems to be a big disparity between what so many of the people of the US tell us they want for their country, & the actual election result. This could be for several possible reasons:

a) They lie (I discount that - always think my US friends/family/colleagues are the most straight-talking of all)
b) The voting has been errrmm, 'adjusted' in some way.....
c) People change their minds/bottle out the moment they walk into polling booths.

BTW, any Bush voters out here, I respect your rights to vote for your man, but it just seems odd to me that the Bush opposition appears to crumple so easily.

What's going on....?

Anya.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

lau3rie is on a distinguished road

urgh...i'm sitting here at 3:38 am thinking "why don't i just go home?"
and not just because I have a paper due in 3 hours!
i just don't understand it...
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 10:49 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patent Attorney

..... Or is it a bunch of smiles with you? ....
.... Cheers ya'll, four more years!
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 11:59 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Same thing as I said in The Lounge, but there you go:

Half the people have said "it's ok if you lie to us about weapons and war, and spend our country into a huge deficit, because we'll vote for you anyway for some obscure reason"

The other half get another four years of the same whether they like it or not.

The great democratic experiment.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 12:40 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

If the election had took place 2 years ago. It would have been a Bush Landslide.

He's only won the popular vote by 3 million out of 120 million. And in all reality, shouldn't be waiting on Ohio.

It was a close election, just not close enough.

At least Michigan kept our side of the bargain.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 12:44 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
If the election had took place 2 years ago. It would have been a Bush Landslide.

He's only won the popular vote by 3 million out of 120 million. And in all reality, shouldn't be waiting on Ohio.

It was a close election, just not close enough.

At least Michigan kept our side of the bargain.
Surely the most damning thing that you can say about the democrats is "Was Kerry the best you had?" Even I can accept that Bush isn't a strong candidate, so surely, given four years since the Gore debacle, they could have found someone with more voter appeal than ol' horse face?
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond repute

According to NPR this morning over half of Bush voters selected him for 'moral reasons'. One can only assume the christian influence will now become so strong that bush will want to transform the US into a theocracy. The wife and I have decided if/when he makes abortion illegal we are definately leaving. I for one do not want to live in a country where basic human rights are stamped on so a lunatic religious fringe can feel good about itself. I assume when abortion is made illegal as it is 'taking a life', the same will apply to the death penalty which is, err, taking a life. Same for assault weapons which can, take a life????

I am disgusted, and ashamed today of how the rest of the world will now view the US, and needless to say the raw hatred against this country has gone up exponentially.

I now hope that the republicans will **** things up so badly and mess up the economy, lose jobs, reinstate the draft etc etc that in 2008 they will be as unelectable as the tories were when major lost by a landslide.

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Same thing as I said in The Lounge, but there you go:

Half the people have said "it's ok if you lie to us about weapons and war, and spend our country into a huge deficit, because we'll vote for you anyway for some obscure reason"

The other half get another four years of the same whether they like it or not.

The great democratic experiment.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 12:48 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Surely the most damning thing that you can say about the democrats is "Was Kerry the best you had?" Even I can accept that Bush isn't a strong candidate,
Well honestly, the most damning thing you can say about the country is "Were both of the these people the best you had", with "I can't believe you voted for that reactionary liar again" coming a close second.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Muswell Hill
According to NPR this morning over half of Bush voters selected him for 'moral reasons'..
Yes I remember seeing stuff about this. It amazes me that the media quietly accept that "morality" is equivalent to the stuff Bush spouts. That is not the definition of morality. I voted against Bush for moral reasons, among others.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 12:52 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Surely the most damning thing that you can say about the democrats is "Was Kerry the best you had?" Even I can accept that Bush isn't a strong candidate, so surely, given four years since the Gore debacle, they could have found someone with more voter appeal than ol' horse face?
they ?? you say that like he wasn't voted in via primaries and caucuses.

He was a great alternative to Dean. I mean war hero, statesman like, blah blah blah.

I've never been so devastated by something I've had no control over
C'est la vie.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.