Education!?

Old Sep 27th 2015, 2:57 am
Just Joined

GR33No is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Education!?

Currently living in California and left the U.K with just GCSE's and an NVQ level 2&3 in Business Admin. Am I better off just going through the community college system here or should I try for an online class back in the U.K?

Anyone had any NVQ's (not very qualified) evaluated? If so what was the result?

Thanks,
Old Sep 27th 2015, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Education!?

I think a good place to start is a chat with a counselor at the local community college.
Old Sep 27th 2015, 3:41 am
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see the point of attempting to have NVQs evaluated. It will cost you money and the employer is unlikely to be impressed with whatever the evaluator determines the equivalent to be.

Employers here speak in terms of degrees (Associates/Bachelors/Masters), certificates and GPAs etc.
If you're going to be staying in the US I would definitely recommend you get local qualifications that are recognised here.
If you've been in CA for a year you should be able to qualify for in state tuition, and the Community College rates are generally not that bad.
Old Sep 27th 2015, 3:47 am
Just Joined

GR33No is an unknown quantity at this point

Noted! Thanks everyone