Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

ebay problems, UK registered, USA user.

ebay problems, UK registered, USA user.

Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

bugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond repute
Default ebay problems, UK registered, USA user.

My ebay account is in the UK, ive sold items from within the USA for the last 2 years no problem until this week. When i start to create an auction the item location is given as my old UK town and zipcode, USA!! it prompts me to change it to a location it recognises (ie a US zip) but when i make the changes it will not apply them so i go in a loop. I tried this via ebay UK site and still the same. I guess that ebay recognises the computer location (USA) but uses the default of my UK town, so the two dont correspond, the weird thing is that it gives me an option to change the country itself (i tried making it the UK) but that didnt work wither.

so the question is this: Is anybody out there registered with ebay UK who is now in the USA and having a problem getting past the auction location part?

thanks.

bugman.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ebay problems, UK registered, USA user.

a long long time ago... I simply emailed ebay and asked them to change my account over... they did so within about a month...

we have a very active ebay account due to incessant book/dvd consumption
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

bugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by USBound
a long long time ago... I simply emailed ebay and asked them to change my account over... they did so within about a month...

we have a very active ebay account due to incessant book/dvd consumption

usbound, so you basically transferred your user ID/feedback to a USA account?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bugman
My ebay account is in the UK, ive sold items from within the USA for the last 2 years no problem until this week. When i start to create an auction the item location is given as my old UK town and zipcode, USA!! it prompts me to change it to a location it recognises (ie a US zip) but when i make the changes it will not apply them so i go in a loop. I tried this via ebay UK site and still the same. I guess that ebay recognises the computer location (USA) but uses the default of my UK town, so the two dont correspond, the weird thing is that it gives me an option to change the country itself (i tried making it the UK) but that didnt work wither.

so the question is this: Is anybody out there registered with ebay UK who is now in the USA and having a problem getting past the auction location part?

thanks.

bugman.
I had the same problem recently with Australian ebay - UK registered originally, never had a problem before listing on Aus ebay, but suddenly it came up with a loop just like you got. It also refused to list in $Au and would only list in £. I emailed them and they said they couldn't do anything it was a "software problem" and I would just have to keep trying. They also said if I was a UK seller, I would always be a UK seller. After 2 weeks of frustration I had to abandon my old account and open a new Aus based one.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Brync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud of

thanks.

bugman.
You can now change your address (including the country of residence) on the site. If you go into "My Ebay" and then my account and then addresses, you can change both the delivery addresses and your home address. There is a change country link against where your existing country is. I hope this is of some help....
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brync
You can now change your address (including the country of residence) on the site. If you go into "My Ebay" and then my account and then addresses, you can change both the delivery addresses and your home address. There is a change country link against where your existing country is. I hope this is of some help....
brync,

does this include the registration address? I was thinking of that but as that toes in with the bank account taht eay is linked to i wasnt sure. Ive seen that you can change the delivery address.

thanks.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I had the same problem recently with Australian ebay - UK registered originally, never had a problem before listing on Aus ebay, but suddenly it came up with a loop just like you got. It also refused to list in $Au and would only list in £. I emailed them and they said they couldn't do anything it was a "software problem" and I would just have to keep trying. They also said if I was a UK seller, I would always be a UK seller. After 2 weeks of frustration I had to abandon my old account and open a new Aus based one.

pollyanna, thanks for that info, at least that tells me its not some weird setting on my computer. if i have to change it so be it. So did you have to use a new user ID, did you also lose your old feedbacks? (that would be SOOO annoying).

bugman.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Brync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud of

brync,

does this include the registration address? I was thinking of that but as that toes in with the bank account taht eay is linked to i wasnt sure. Ive seen that you can change the delivery address.

thanks.
I changed both addresses when i came over last year. I'm not sure about the bank though because i use PayPal and i went on their web site to change my payment details....
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

thanks.

bugman.
I changed mine, but I don't think I had to do anything special apart from maybe creating a new [US] Paypal account.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I changed mine, but I don't think I had to do anything special apart from maybe creating a new [US] Paypal account.
i changed my reg address and thats worked, hopefully my Paypal links wont mess up because of this, well see!!

thanks.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 3:13 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

So did you have to use a new user ID, did you also lose your old feedbacks?
I just went in, changed my registered address somewhere in my eBay, and everything was seamless. Same name, same feedback, same old crap that I keep buying.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

You can change the address no problem - but some things like loction stick - an email to Ebay will sort this out - happened to me and a couple of friends!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 6:43 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

Go to your Ebay site
click on "MyeBay"
on the left under "My Account", select "Addresses"
Select your "Registration Address" and click "change"
Select the "change country" link

see attached thumbnail

thanks.

bugman.
Attached Thumbnails ebay problems, UK registered, USA user.-picture-1.png