Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Earth To Bush

Wikiposts

Earth To Bush

Old Apr 29th 2005, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Earth To Bush

Originally Posted by snowbunny
so...we should only bitch about that which we can change, in which case we should quit bitching and change it?
i was just saying,keep bitching,i love a good bitch myself
Old Apr 29th 2005, 1:25 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chukka
i was just saying,keep bitching,i love a good bitch myself
We talking about the same kind of bitch here?
Old Apr 29th 2005, 1:56 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by UJ_99
He also proposed more Nu-cu-lar plants, but doesn't he realise that Uranium is also a non renewable resource??

If you really want to be scared out of your SUV's, read this article;
The Long Emergency

An interesting read for sure.

Old Apr 29th 2005, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to behold

We talking about the same kind of bitch here?
we sure are
Old Apr 29th 2005, 2:37 am
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Now they are going to start drilling for oil in the Arctic Wildlife Refuge.
When they've used all that oil, they'll start somewhere else. Do they thi nk that this planet is the property of the US government??? Do they realise what they are doing to OUR planet???? What they do in their part of the world affects all other parts too. Grrrrrrr!!! I get soooooo angry!
Old Apr 29th 2005, 2:39 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

My friend wants to buy a new car and is looking at Hybrids. The model he wants is way more expensive as a hybrid than a regular gas guzzling car. For fecks sake! The Hybrids should be about a grand cheaper
ARGH!!!!

PS Anybody seen that eco-show "Trippin" on MTV I think its really good.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 3:39 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahUK
My friend wants to buy a new car and is looking at Hybrids. The model he wants is way more expensive as a hybrid than a regular gas guzzling car. For fecks sake! The Hybrids should be about a grand cheaper
ARGH!!!!

so rude that....they should have a tax break...or have less road tax like small engines in blighty....but, in a couple years of heavy usage, the petrol saved would make up for the extra cost of the motor..
Old Apr 29th 2005, 3:42 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Did Bush say anything last night about the slashes in the Medicaid budget / services last night?
Old Apr 29th 2005, 4:21 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Bush doesn't like high gasoline prices, because it hurts the economy in a number of ways (which is true). So he proposes building more refineries, "nucular" power plants, and so forth.

Helllloooooo.... what about just using less of the stuff?!
Ahem.....<cough> you really aren't the usual thinking American are you!!

what kind of up bringing did you have??!! :scared:

Old Apr 29th 2005, 5:21 am
Franklin

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
This was exactly what I was thinking.

In the short term, how about some legislation taxing gas guzzling vehicles and also forcing car manufacturers to sell gas efficient vehicles as they do in other countries around the world?

NC Penguin

Gas efficient vehicles are on sale in the USA ... e.g., the Toyota Prius, the new Honda hybrid car, etc. Also, there are hybrid SUVs on the way.

But yeah, I would like to see fewer huge SUVs (if any) on the road. But a lot of people seem to like the flexibility that SUVs offer. But Congress could legislate for more fuel efficient SUV engines, and jack up the price of gas like in the UK through taxation. Until the price goes still higher, it seems people will still buy huge SUVs.

Old Apr 29th 2005, 5:29 am
Franklin

Originally Posted by Dimsie
Now they are going to start drilling for oil in the Arctic Wildlife Refuge.
When they've used all that oil, they'll start somewhere else. Do they thi nk that this planet is the property of the US government??? Do they realise what they are doing to OUR planet???? What they do in their part of the world affects all other parts too. Grrrrrrr!!! I get soooooo angry!
A lot of oil is coming from the Siberian arctic refuge too ... from lovely areas of the Middle East, and elsewhere. On information and belief, Canada's wildlife areas are drilled for oil. The UK is thinking about drilling for oil (re: Falkland's), the EU seems to want the Falkland islands treated as an EU protectorate ... the EU seems to be rather taken with the possibility of large oil and mineral deposits in the arctic regions south of the Falklands.

Old Apr 29th 2005, 5:31 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Franklin
A lot of oil is coming from the Siberian arctic refuge too ... from lovely areas of the Middle East, and elsewhere. On information and belief, Canada's wildlife areas are drilled for oil. The UK is thinking about drilling for oil (re: Falkland's), the EU seems to want the Falkland islands treated as an EU protectorate ... the EU seems to be rather taken with the possibility of large oil and mineral deposits in the arctic regions south of the Falklands.
Well UK is member of the EU so why wouldn't they be.

Argentina didn't want the Falklands for it's penguins mate.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 5:36 am
Franklin

Originally Posted by Manc
Well UK is member of the EU so why wouldn't they be.

Argentina didn't want the Falklands for it's penguins mate.

So true!

Old Apr 29th 2005, 5:45 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

<<snip>> The UK is thinking about drilling for oil (re: Falkland's), the EU seems to want the Falkland islands treated as an EU protectorate ... the EU seems to be rather taken with the possibility of large oil and mineral deposits in the arctic regions south of the Falklands.
I believe the British have already investigated the Falklands for oil, back in the 90s.

NC Penguin
Old Apr 29th 2005, 5:47 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Gas efficient vehicles are on sale in the USA ... e.g., the Toyota Prius, the new Honda hybrid car, etc. Also, there are hybrid SUVs on the way.

<<snip>>
I was referring to all consumer road vehicles on the market being brought up to fuel efficient standards along the lines of European vehicles, not just a handful of manufacturers...

NC Penguin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.