Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

EAD APPOINTMENT at LA Office

EAD APPOINTMENT at LA Office

Old Oct 11th 2002, 7:02 am
Just Joined

wing537 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EAD APPOINTMENT at LA Office

Hi... I have some questions about the EAD appointment at the Los Angeles office that I wish some of you would be able to help me with.

What I want to know is how much earlier should I get to the LA office for my 8:30am appointment?? I'm expecting there would be a long line outside the building and that it would take quite a while before I can even get into the building, am I correct???

If I get to the door a lot earlier than my scheduled time, will the guards refuse to let me in the building and make me wait outside until my time??? Or will they let me in so I can finish everything early???

Lastly, how soon should I expect to receive the AOS fingerprint appointment following the EAD appointment??? The AOS fingerprinting is usually done NOT at the LA Office but at a satellite office that serves the region of my residence, right?? If this is correct, is the satellite office less hectic than the LA office (in terms of waiting in line, etc.)??

BTW, as a little backgroung about my application, I was married to an US citizen in August 2002 and my I-130/I-485/I-765 (handled by an immigration service firm) were filed in person at the LA office on 9/25. The immigration service firm notified me in the beginning of last week regarding my EAD appointment which is on 10/17 at 8:30am, this coming Thursday. I went to the immigration service firm to pick up the original appointment letter and the fee receipt for the filing. I noticed that the postmark date on the envelope that the EAD appoitment letter was sent in is dated 9/27, only 2 days after the initial filing of the application. The INS is moving quite fast recently!!!

any advice would help.... THANKS....
Old Oct 11th 2002, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

wing537 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EAD APPOINTMENT at LA Office

anyone???
Old Oct 11th 2002, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Aliluv is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

My husband had his EAD appt Oct 2nd in Los Angeles, he arrived 20 minutes early, they let him in and he was done in about 35 minutes.
The one thing he said was he paid 10.00 to park somewhere because he didn't know how long it would take he did not use and hourly garage instead he went to an all day one.
Incidently he went to social security right after and we already have his card it came in the mail on Oct 7th, it was really quick.

Good Luck I hope this helps.
Old Oct 12th 2002, 1:08 am
bba1vol

what does btw mean

Old Oct 12th 2002, 1:18 am
Me

wrote in message
news:17598-3DA-
[email protected]
    > what does btw mean