Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Dyson Vacuum cleaners

Dyson Vacuum cleaners

Old Dec 14th 2005, 9:16 pm
Renegade who has it made

ladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dyson Vacuum cleaners

I have the dyson, i love it had it for over a year. Only time i had any breakages, was when my my mom in law came to stay and tried to use it and did something with the attachments, hubby fixed it so wasnt a big deal. I love it though!
Old Dec 14th 2005, 9:49 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Get a refurbed dyson for $100...bargain

Anyway, had ours for just under a year, been a treat, can tell how much better it is compared to the Eureka and Electrolux we had before.

Easy to use, no faffing around with filters, which is great, it's pretty quiet compared to the other vacs we've used, sturdy..and if you want all the extra bits, you can buy them seperate, which is nice.

The cord is nice and long too, which is a treat, though the only poop, the DC07 that we have, pulling the hose out is a bit of a chore, but works really well, the newer design is a lot better there.

Well worth the money though....but the Dyson in the US has a different motor to the one in the UK, it's a mitsubishi motor under license and isn't as powerful, still far better than the others, but not quite the same as a Dyson from blighty.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 10:39 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Get a refurbed dyson for $100...bargain

Anyway, had ours for just under a year, been a treat, can tell how much better it is compared to the Eureka and Electrolux we had before.

Easy to use, no faffing around with filters, which is great, it's pretty quiet compared to the other vacs we've used, sturdy..and if you want all the extra bits, you can buy them seperate, which is nice.

The cord is nice and long too, which is a treat, though the only poop, the DC07 that we have, pulling the hose out is a bit of a chore, but works really well, the newer design is a lot better there.

Well worth the money though....but the Dyson in the US has a different motor to the one in the UK, it's a mitsubishi motor under license and isn't as powerful, still far better than the others, but not quite the same as a Dyson from blighty.

Where can you get a $100 refurb dyson from Bob? We need a new one our ancient electrolux is crap.

My mum has a Kirby back in England, they are fantastic. You'll never need to buy another vacuum again if you get a kirby they last forever.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 11:41 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Dyson Vacuum cleaners

My sister has a Dyson.....good job I've vacuumed her house when visiting her 'cos I can't believe how noisy and heavy it is! My husband and son can't stand the noise of vacuum cleaners, but fortunately we have a very quiet vac.

We have a Miele - which is German, a canister rather than an upright and it is fantastic - powerful and quiet. There are various models and we have the powerbrush with ours (designed for pet owners). We had to sell our Miele when we left Singapore as it was on 240v - an American family snapped it up as they'd had one before on a previous expat posting and thought they were great. My husband had already moved into our house in the US by the time I'd left Asia and he'd purchased a Eureka. What a load of crap that was.....a few weeks later I went out and bought another Miele; it's also brilliant for allergy sufferers as it has a HEPA filter.

http://www.core77.com/corehome/2005/...n-working.html
Old Dec 14th 2005, 11:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
My sister has a Dyson.....good job I've vacuumed her house when visiting her 'cos I can't believe how noisy and heavy it is! My husband and son can't stand the noise of vacuum cleaners, but fortunately we have a very quiet vac.
compared to electrolux and eureka, those Dyson's are silent and well nimble *l*
Old Dec 14th 2005, 11:53 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Sarah
Where can you get a $100 refurb dyson from Bob? We need a new one our ancient electrolux is crap.

My mum has a Kirby back in England, they are fantastic. You'll never need to buy another vacuum again if you get a kirby they last forever.
Those kirby's are a tad heavy though...well the one I've used in the past...

As for refurb Dyson's, only con to them is you only get a 90 warranty instead of the 2 years or whatever it was, but can't knock the price....as for a place, just google it, might have to look around or wait around a bit because on the first page of google, seems as if the price has gone up to $270...but if you look through enough refurb sites you'll find a deal, that's what we got ours for anyway.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 12:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

An American friend bought one then took it back because it was not self prepelled, what ever next, you have to put in a little effort for a job well done
Old Dec 15th 2005, 12:31 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
An American friend bought one then took it back because it was not self prepelled, what ever next, you have to put in a little effort for a job well done
And then Bob bought it for $99!
Old Dec 15th 2005, 12:38 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

I had a dyson in the UK and loved it, just brought one of the new dysons with the ball at the bottom, bloody fantastic, I think its fairly quiet too.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 12:40 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by fatbrit
And then Bob bought it for $99!
exactly...I weren't complaining
Old Dec 15th 2005, 12:40 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by robskatie
I had a dyson in the UK and loved it, just brought one of the new dysons with the ball at the bottom, bloody fantastic, I think its fairly quiet too.
The ball make much of a difference then? Not that I can see replacing our Dyson anytime soon, but as soon as I got it, all these cool new gadgeted versions came out *l*
Old Dec 15th 2005, 12:43 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
The ball make much of a difference then? Not that I can see replacing our Dyson anytime soon, but as soon as I got it, all these cool new gadgeted versions came out *l*
Yeah, I really like it, I can go round corners and round furniture much easier its really light too.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 12:45 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Ought to last her six lifetimes for the price she (probably) paid.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 5:56 am
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

i have had several vacumns over the years and have found the dyson to be the best to date - shame its quite expensive though - though i suppose you get what you pay for!

Ant
Old Dec 15th 2005, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Beer:30 is a jewel in the roughBeer:30 is a jewel in the roughBeer:30 is a jewel in the roughBeer:30 is a jewel in the roughBeer:30 is a jewel in the rough

My wife got one a while ago when she moved in with me.
I didn't think it anything of it...then I used it and was very impressed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.