Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Dry sense of humour?

Wikiposts

Dry sense of humour?

Old Oct 7th 2005, 9:49 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dry sense of humour?

Sorry, must be the sight of the Detroit logo in the sig line, lost myself for a moment.

In any case, shouldn't you be back with the lager louts, supporting (the now US-owned) Man United and pissing off the Spanish during your summer holidays? Those David Beckham haircuts don't really work well over here, I'd think that some of the Red Wings fans might prefer a good mullet.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 9:50 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I'll insult him in a minute, in a sneaky, jokey, sarcastic kinda way of course.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
Sorry, must be the sight of the Detroit logo in the sig line, lost myself for a moment.

In any case, shouldn't you be back with the lager louts, supporting (the now US-owned) Man United and pissing off the Spanish during your summer holidays? Those David Beckham haircuts don't really work well over here, I'd think that some of the Red Wings fans might prefer a good mullet.
Oh my God, we've got a right one here chaps
Old Oct 7th 2005, 9:55 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Rush, not surprising, but you're already a few yards behind. For one, you might notice that it is generally the English, and not Americans, who tell others to "piss off." (Sad to see that irony didn't make it into your family gene pool.)

On a serious note, if you don't like a place, you should stop pissing and moaning about it, and look to relocate as soon as possible. If I lived in Newark, Gary or Milton Keynes, I'd be the first one looking for the first moving van out of town.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 9:59 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

On a serious note, if you don't like a place, you should stop pissing and moaning about it, and look to relocate as soon as possible. If I lived in Newark, Gary or Milton Keynes, I'd be the first one looking for the first moving van out of town.
So when you have a problem at work do you just resign and get a job elswhere?

you don't feel that you have an option to try and change something if you don't like it?
Old Oct 7th 2005, 10:00 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Rush, not surprising, but you're already a few yards behind. For one, you might notice that it is generally the English, and not Americans, who tell others to "piss off." (Sad to see that irony didn't make it into your family gene pool.)

Hello.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 10:00 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Manc
why would we want to disguise our insults?
If I wanted to offend someone, I wouldn't be doing it in a jokey manner.
What, would you call them a prick or something?
Old Oct 7th 2005, 10:02 am
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
What, would you call them a prick or something?
put it on a stamp.
1 to 1 scale mate.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 10:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

So are you one of them American's who HAS traveled oversea's? have you ever been to Milton Keynes.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 10:04 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Yeah the joke kinda dies when you have to spell it out to your audience
That's what canned laughter is for.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 10:05 am
Account Closed

put it on a stamp.
1 to 1 scale mate.
Tried that. Couldnt decide what to put on the other half though.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 10:06 am
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by britvic
So are you one of them American's who HAS traveled oversea's? have you ever been to Milton Keynes.
I think Swindon would have made a better example, but that's just me.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 10:08 am
Account Closed

I think Swindon would have made a better example, but that's just me.
Well to be honest I think if I find myself in Milton Keynes I'd looking to move too.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 10:09 am
Bloody Yank

Manc, do you seriously think that you are going to change the predominant culture of humor for 280 million people? You could change your job and address more easily than do that. It's best to accept a place for its benefits and faults, and try to enjoy it as best you can, rather than seethe about it while being nostalgic for a place about which you'd probably complain about if you lived there, anyway.

In any case, I'm not exactly enthralled with the lack of sarcasm myself, I often have to mind what I say lest people take me too seriously. (As ironically, some have here, have to say that I'm really disappointed in some of you...)
Old Oct 7th 2005, 10:09 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

(Sad to see that irony didn't make it into your family gene pool.)
Why? Because I never commented on your "Piss off' comment to manc? Sad to see that you mistake "ironic" for "moronic'.

On a serious note, what happened to the "Freedom Of Speech blah blah blah " that you "claim" to hold so dear? Or is that only an American right? As a foreigner to your land am I barred from airing my opinions on a BRITISH expats website then. Are you really that insecure in your national identity that you have to tell everyone that has the slightest criticism of Uncle Sam to piss off, instead of listening objectively and making taking a bit of constructive criticism. Or is the United States Of American a perfect model of an ideal society?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.