Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Driving test -Washington

Driving test -Washington

Old Apr 18th 2006, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

abboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud of
Default Driving test -Washington

I will be going for a driving test in Seattle, Washington. What are the dos and donts, any tips ?
Old Apr 18th 2006, 7:51 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving test -Washington

Originally Posted by abboy
I will be going for a driving test in Seattle, Washington. What are the dos and donts, any tips ?
If you fail ..keep it to yourself ....
Old Apr 18th 2006, 7:54 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Hahaha!

Tip 2 - Don't do it in a truck the size of a yacht!
Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Don't crash, don't drive on the left and don't piss off the examiner. You will pass easily....... or maybe not
Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:08 pm
Mad bugger

peacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Yea, the best bet for sure in this place!
Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:10 pm
Wind, earth, fire, water

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute

Take every opportunity to demonstrate to the Examiner that you know how to use hand signals (including finger signals). The Full Monty.

Let the Examiner know that you are very nervous and almost hit a truck that morning.

If the Examiner asks about the large dents, scratches and dirt on your car, tell the truth, that you ran into a load of cows.

If the Examiner points out a large impact crater in the rear of your car, fob him off with a story that a horny bull took a fancy to your car.

Don't joke with the Examiner. For example, don't claim to be a better driver than his other 'alf.

AT all times, keep your hands on the wheel, the right rear wheel or the left front wheel.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:51 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

The tests seem to vary by state. Do you have a copy of the washington regulations?

I was dead worried about failing and kept obsessively practising the theory test. Most of it is common sense though and you can fail a certain number. The practical was straightforward, Just be sensible, look around you etc. they did ask for hand signals. Good luck.

I got the actual licence in a few days, but my husband has been waiting months - he was told that men may be subject to security checks.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:25 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

I took my test in Washington state, dead easy, the only thing the examiner said was that I should have looked over my shoulder more instead of using the mirrors so much, this was for reversing, otherwise it took all of 7 mins
Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Don't crash, don't speed, stop at the stop signs before creeping to the edge of the road....don't turn up drunk, and you should be set to go...oh, and make sure your motor is up to inspection...
Old Apr 18th 2006, 11:32 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Don't hit any pedestrians!
Old Apr 18th 2006, 11:32 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

first of all don't try seattle at least not downtown, drive around and find the quietest place to sit it then you at least don't have to worry about the awful drivers on the roads , try and out of town one. Know your drunk driving laws for the written part.