Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Driving license expired...

Driving license expired...

Old Aug 18th 2005, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

fubar has a brilliant futurefubar has a brilliant futurefubar has a brilliant futurefubar has a brilliant futurefubar has a brilliant futurefubar has a brilliant futurefubar has a brilliant future
Default Driving license expired...

Presently awaiting my L1-B extension papers after the first three years and the old driving license has expired in the meantime. The extension papers where submitted with 45 days remaining prior to the expiry date (says between 30-60 days for this to arrive) but alas, nothing yet?

do I get to sit at home and watch jerry springer or can I drive by means of the visa (which has only recently expired that's stamped in my passport) and license?

I don't believe there is any way of obtaining a new license until this paper work is granted correct??

Is it worth the risk and down to the sheriff's mood or is it a tragic court situation and massive fine regardless?

thanks all
fubar
Old Aug 18th 2005, 11:34 am
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Driving license expired...

Don't drive with no licence. Use a British one. HOWEVER, check with your insurance company because Insurance is key... DO NOT DRIVE without Insurance or checking the small print to ensure you are covered with no licence or only an international one.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

fubar has a brilliant futurefubar has a brilliant futurefubar has a brilliant futurefubar has a brilliant futurefubar has a brilliant futurefubar has a brilliant futurefubar has a brilliant future

thanks franc111s...
after deeper searching, i found the similar thing written on an older post.....

days of crap TV lay ahead then
Old Aug 18th 2005, 3:13 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fubar
Presently awaiting my L1-B extension papers after the first three years and the old driving license has expired in the meantime. The extension papers where submitted with 45 days remaining prior to the expiry date (says between 30-60 days for this to arrive) but alas, nothing yet?

do I get to sit at home and watch jerry springer or can I drive by means of the visa (which has only recently expired that's stamped in my passport) and license?

I don't believe there is any way of obtaining a new license until this paper work is granted correct??

Is it worth the risk and down to the sheriff's mood or is it a tragic court situation and massive fine regardless?

thanks all
fubar
I agree that it's down to the insurance. I've been waiting for my extension for 45 days but luckily for me my current L1 does not expire until November.