Reload this Page >

driver's license in Texas for a K-3

driver's license in Texas for a K-3

Old Aug 5th 2004, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

Randie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default driver's license in Texas for a K-3

Hello guys!
I read in this forum that SS card was not necessary to obtain drive's license for a k-3. My husband was told today he has to present a SS card. We're heading to SS office tomorrow but I'm afraid they'll ask for an Employment authorization which we just filed yesterday. Can someone inform me what affidavit is it that exempts a k-3 visa holder from requiring a SS# in order to obtain a driver's license in Texas?
thank you
Randie
Old Aug 5th 2004, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: driver's license in Texas for a K-3

Utopiacowboy did this with his wife. When you go to ss they will either give you a ssn or a letter stating that you are ineligible to receive one.

You should be able to get one...do a search for DL and utopia cowboy he posted his experience here somewhere.

Originally posted by Randie
Hello guys!
I read in this forum that SS card was not necessary to obtain drive's license for a k-3. My husband was told today he has to present a SS card. We're heading to SS office tomorrow but I'm afraid they'll ask for an Employment authorization which we just filed yesterday. Can someone inform me what affidavit is it that exempts a k-3 visa holder from requiring a SS# in order to obtain a driver's license in Texas?
thank you
Randie