Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Drivers License in Florida

Wikiposts

Drivers License in Florida

Old Jun 7th 2007, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

helens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to all
Default Re: Drivers License in Florida

Originally Posted by Ray
Must have just changed then ..my mate got his just after chrismas ...
Don't know about that, I tried last August and they refused.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 6:21 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helens
Don't know about that, I tried last August and they refused.
My mate didn't even have to take a test ...
they thought the UK licence was ok ..
as I said different offices have different idea..
Old Jun 7th 2007, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

helens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ray
My mate didn't even have to take a test ...
they thought the UK licence was ok ..
as I said different offices have different idea..
I guess that's why I specified Florida, because I know that each state has different rules - each office seems to come to that
Old Jun 7th 2007, 6:36 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I guess that's why I specified Florida, because I know that each state has different rules - each office seems to come to that
And to make it even more complicated some office are DMV ..but some are the county tax man ... the difference ..$5 extra for the tax man ..
and non GC ..can only use certain offices ..
Old Jun 7th 2007, 7:23 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

........... and sometimes different people within the same DMV office........... some of them seem to make it up as they go along...

which is why, if you come across a @$$hole it's sometimes easiest to come back another day or go to a different office.

PS: How did you locate *that* picture so quickly
Old Jun 7th 2007, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Elvira
........... and sometimes different people within the same DMV office........... some of them seem to make it up as they go along...

which is why, if you come across a @$$hole it's sometimes easiest to come back another day or go to a different office.

What picture ?
Old Jun 8th 2007, 11:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira

If you click his blog, that pic's the first thing to come up.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tracym
If you click his blog, that pic's the first thing to come up.
Now I'm really lost !
Old Jun 9th 2007, 1:53 am
Ray

Now I'm really lost !
LOL...go back a few .. she is referring to you finding my arse pic...
Old Jun 10th 2007, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray
LOL...go back a few .. she is referring to you finding my arse pic...
Oh right - well it's cute
Old Jun 10th 2007, 4:28 am
Ray

Oh right - well it's cute
My best feature ....
Old Jun 10th 2007, 7:10 am
Gunter Herrmann

Hi!

helens wrote:
> The Florida DVD haven't answered my emails and their web site Q/A's
> doesn't say

Quote from the site mentioned above.

Which part of

> [Q] My license has been expired for more than 12 months.
> Can I renew online?

> [A] No. Since your license has been expired more than
> 12 months you are not eligible to renew online. Please go to a
> Florida driver license office to renew. Please take your expired
> license, birth certificate, or passport. The fee will be $20. You
> must take the vision test. If the examiner questions your ability
> to safely operate a motor vehicle, additional test (written an/or
> driving) may be required.
[You will have to show your L1 as well]

don't you understand?

So if you look stupid or unfit for driving you will have to take
tests. Otherwise only your vision will be checked.

brgds

--
Gunter Herrmann
Orlando, Florida, USA

Old Jun 10th 2007, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gunter Herrmann
Hi!

helens wrote:
> The Florida DVD haven't answered my emails and their web site Q/A's
> doesn't say

Quote from the site mentioned above.

Which part of

> [Q] My license has been expired for more than 12 months.
> Can I renew online?

> [A] No. Since your license has been expired more than
> 12 months you are not eligible to renew online. Please go to a
> Florida driver license office to renew. Please take your expired
> license, birth certificate, or passport. The fee will be $20. You
> must take the vision test. If the examiner questions your ability
> to safely operate a motor vehicle, additional test (written an/or
> driving) may be required.
[You will have to show your L1 as well]

don't you understand?

So if you look stupid or unfit for driving you will have to take
tests. Otherwise only your vision will be checked.

brgds

--
Gunter Herrmann
Orlando, Florida, USA
Gunter, That's great. Thanks for the information. I knew I couldn't renew on-line, but I just didn't fancy taking the driving test again. We already had to wait 5 just hours to sit it the first time