Reload this Page >

Driver's Licence In Thornton, CO

Driver's Licence In Thornton, CO

Old May 23rd 2011, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Clarki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Driver's Licence In Thornton, CO

Hi All

I am hoping to get some idea on what my drive test will be like in CO. Has anyone done their drive test in CO before?

Thanks so much for any feedback

Clair
Old May 23rd 2011, 11:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driver's Licence In Thornton, CO

Piece of piss probably.

Theory, then practical for most states...depending on how busy the place is, it's probably just a drive around the block for 5-15 mins, perhaps if you're unlucky a parallel park between a 50 foot gap, maybe a 3 point turn.

The only thing to look out for, drink driving penalty points and anything involving under 21 year olds being what gets most here on the theory. On the driving, don't speed, stop at the stop sign and if that ain't lined up with the stop line and junction, to creep to each and stop again.

Don't fail or you'll be eternally mocked by everyone
Old May 24th 2011, 9:48 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Piece of piss probably.
You mean - If you happen to fail, don't tell anyone on BE or you'll be eternally mocked by everyone
Mind you, its been ages since I've heard an epic fail tale of driver tests....

Its piss. d/l the CO driver manual and read it.
Its been years but I seem to remember that I was told not to put the car in N and the handbrake on whilst at traffic lights... and don't stop too close to the car infront of you... ideally you want to be able to see the bottom of the bumper and tires...
Old May 25th 2011, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

flbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
You mean - If you happen to fail, don't tell anyone on BE or you'll be eternally mocked by everyone
Mind you, its been ages since I've heard an epic fail tale of driver tests....

Its piss. d/l the CO driver manual and read it.
Its been years but I seem to remember that I was told not to put the car in N and the handbrake on whilst at traffic lights... and don't stop too close to the car infront of you... ideally you want to be able to see the bottom of the bumper and tires...
Wow you actually went out on the road ? When l did mine in FL,we drove once a round a small compound behind the DMV office,l think the test lasted 3 or 4 mins and that was it...a complete joke !
Old May 25th 2011, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

I'll keep my fingers crossed! Thanks for the responses. I'll be sure not to post if I fail!
Old May 25th 2011, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Britishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Clarki
I'll keep my fingers crossed! Thanks for the responses. I'll be sure not to post if I fail!
My test was hampered by the fact that I could not parallel park between the cones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, so when does anyone ever parallel park anymore especially in AZ - never. Go ahead start the teasing, I failed my first one because of my parking - LOL. But, yesterday I breezed it and it was a wonderful work of art, even the examiner thought so. When we were driving around the block (3 mins) she said she felt silly testing me as it was obvious I could drive. Just lots of left and right turns and that was it. Passed.

Good luck - you will have no problems.
Old May 25th 2011, 4:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Britishbees
My test was hampered by the fact that I could not parallel park between the cones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, so when does anyone ever parallel park anymore especially in AZ - never.
Given that even Fry's supermarket now has valet, the question should be "who parks these days in AZ?".
Old May 25th 2011, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Britishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Given that even Fry's supermarket now has valet, the question should be "who parks these days in AZ?".
Really, you are kidding right?
Old May 25th 2011, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Really, you are kidding right?
They built this megasuper Frys (Tatum and Shea if you know the area), it has valet parking, wash your car while you shop, ...

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...n-phoenix.html
Old May 25th 2011, 6:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I did mine in Longmont.
Old May 25th 2011, 7:28 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

My test was hampered by the fact that I could not parallel park between the cones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, so when does anyone ever parallel park anymore especially in AZ - never. Go ahead start the teasing, I failed my first one because of my parking - LOL. But, yesterday I breezed it and it was a wonderful work of art, even the examiner thought so. When we were driving around the block (3 mins) she said she felt silly testing me as it was obvious I could drive. Just lots of left and right turns and that was it. Passed.

Good luck - you will have no problems.
You parallel park all the time in and around Boston and the burbs, or you'd never find parking. Can spot who can't because the rear corners have hundreds of scuff marks

It's a doddle though, , line rear of car to the rear of the front car, right lock the wheel, line the read passenger window up to corner of car in front, wheel lock to the left, job done.
Old May 25th 2011, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
They built this megasuper Frys (Tatum and Shea if you know the area), it has valet parking, wash your car while you shop, ...

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...n-phoenix.html
OMG, that is crazy!!!! Oh wait, I am in the USA - LOL. Gonna have to try that Fry's out just once.
Old May 25th 2011, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bob
You parallel park all the time in and around Boston and the burbs, or you'd never find parking. Can spot who can't because the rear corners have hundreds of scuff marks

It's a doddle though, , line rear of car to the rear of the front car, right lock the wheel, line the read passenger window up to corner of car in front, wheel lock to the left, job done.
Hey Bob, glad I don't live in Boston then!!! LOL. Yeah, its fine parking when you are doing it in between cars but bollards are ridiculous - I could not line anything up. LOL
Old May 27th 2011, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

YAY!! After practising parallel parking last night and waking up with my tummy in knots, I did a 10 minute (maximum) drive and passed!!

YAY!
Old May 27th 2011, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

No parking, no 3 point turn, and a minimal 'do your lights work' check at the beginning!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.