Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

downloading to ipods

downloading to ipods

Old Mar 2nd 2006, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to behold
Default downloading to ipods

My kids both just got ipods and i wondered if anyone had any reasonable sites to download music from, my eldest one tells me he's heard of a site that charges $14.95 per year, has anyone used this kind of site in preference to itunes etc, thanks
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 12:22 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: downloading to ipods

Ipod..if you want legally bought music, your pretty much limited to I-tunes...because most other sites like Napster, Real etc have DRM that ipods won't play...perhaps try some dodgy russian sites that won't plonk any DRM onto the tunes...or rip cd's, or errr...torrent....
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bob
Ipod..if you want legally bought music, your pretty much limited to I-tunes...because most other sites like Napster, Real etc have DRM that ipods won't play...perhaps try some dodgy russian sites that won't plonk any DRM onto the tunes...or rip cd's, or errr...torrent....
thanks Bob, i did wonder about the legality of the sites he talked about
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 12:33 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by geordiegirl2
thanks Bob, i did wonder about the legality of the sites he talked about
limewire is good ( I heard ) and totally illegal
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Eskimo
i think thats the one he mentioned one of his friends uses though i thought he said livewire!! thanks for the info
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

Crispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond repute

Itune's is rubbish.
I recommend going out buying Xplay for your Ipod. Xplay allows you to use your Ipod and interface it with windows so you don't have to use Itunes.
As for downloading, use Limewire I get almost all my music off there. It's also probably one of the better sharing programs as there is not that much spyware on there in comparrison to kazaa, morpheus etc.
Also try to avoid buying songs off Itunes, because when you do they become protected (Because its been purchased) and you're limited as to where you can play the song. Me and my mates swap songs on a regular basis, Xplay helps alot for this, as it allows you to get songs off your Ipod onto your computer, instead of just a one way from your computer to your Ipod only, via Itunes.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:28 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crispyuk88
Itune's is rubbish.
I recommend going out buying Xplay for your Ipod. Xplay allows you to use your Ipod and interface it with windows so you don't have to use Itunes.
As for downloading, use Limewire I get almost all my music off there. It's also probably one of the better sharing programs as there is not that much spyware on there in comparrison to kazaa, morpheus etc.
Also try to avoid buying songs off Itunes, because when you do they become protected (Because its been purchased) and you're limited as to where you can play the song. Me and my mates swap songs on a regular basis, Xplay helps alot for this, as it allows you to get songs off your Ipod onto your computer, instead of just a one way from your computer to your Ipod only, via Itunes.
Good move! Post full details of how you pirate music on a public website like BE! Perhaps you'd like to post your address to the RIAA too, so they don't have to work too hard to bust you for piracy?
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:32 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Good move! Post full details of how you pirate music on a public website like BE! Perhaps you'd like to post your address to the RIAA too, so they don't have to work too hard to bust you for piracy?
Wise words, because they frequently monitor expat chat rooms in order to set up their next sting.
Do you think that the RIAA knew about limewire or kazaa before crispy mentioned them in his post ???
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:34 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Perhaps you'd like to post your address to the RIAA too, so they don't have to work too hard to bust you for piracy?
Or start studying here.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:40 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Or start studying here.
Who is John Doe? And why is he downloading so much music?
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:43 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Who is John Doe? And why is he downloading so much music?

Jane's husband, I believe.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:44 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Jane's husband, I believe.
Big family, there are 99 of them in one case, it's a conspiracy....
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:48 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Big family, there are 99 of them in one case, it's a conspiracy....

Who are we to judge the morals of The South?
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:49 am

They must be serious, they've sent the Sub 'Peona' around to his house, nasty stuff, although it must be tricky getting it round tight corners.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:50 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
if you were that way inclined, definately have Peerguardian running... http://phoenixlabs.org/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.