Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know?

Does anyone know?

Old Jan 26th 2008, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does anyone know?

Does anyone know of any straight night clubs in North Carolina where they play trance, house, decent club music, NOT latino / salsa, country or bluegrass? The only places I can find where they play good music are all gay clubs and I don't think my husband would be impressed if I dragged him off down to one. Just because we are straight doesn't mean we have bad taste in music! :X sorry but I don't like country and neither does my hubby, he actually feels sick if exposed to it for too long, lol!
Old Jan 26th 2008, 10:03 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone know?

Triangle area - Universities tend to generate nightlife, at least they did in Denver anyhow!
Old Jan 27th 2008, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

I looked, but still nothing... :::sigh::: I guess I'm in the wrong area for nightclubs. We might have to think of moving.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 1:30 am
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Who gives a crap if the gay bars are the only ones with "decent" music? There are tons of straight people who go to gay nightspots. Don't think that your hubby will be hit upon left, right and centre Just go and have a good time!
Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Who gives a crap if the gay bars are the only ones with "decent" music? There are tons of straight people who go to gay nightspots. Don't think that your hubby will be hit upon left, right and centre Just go and have a good time!
It's not me that would be bothered if he got hit upon left right and centre, lol!
Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:31 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emma M
It's not me that would be bothered if he got hit upon left right and centre, lol!
I would hope your boyfriend could take care of himself if he got hit upon. Anyway, he might not be the kind of man attractive to gay men.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:31 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Did you look at the Independent online?

Here's this week's listings for club events:

I find your opinions on gay clubs rather odd. I'm sure that some straight people go to these clubs and they don't get hit on. Gay clubgoers would probably notice you're with him.

In any case, one can get hit on at any type of club, be it predominantly straight or gay or anything else.

Look at the local Craigslist too.

Do you live to go clubbing? I think it's a little strange to want to move to place mainly for the nightlife.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:42 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Anyway, he might not be the kind of man attractive to gay men.
That's what I was meaning. Cheers NC.
I'm straight but if some gay guy was hitting on me, I'd take it as a kinda compliment
Old Jan 27th 2008, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Do you live to go clubbing? I think it's a little strange to want to move to place mainly for the nightlife.
Umm... noo.... but it would be nice to have the choice to go out to a club on occasion.
I have no problem with gay clubs or gays, I just have never been to a gay club and I don't know how they would take us walking in there. I wondered why they are specifically for gays it seems, and none for straight people. That's all I was asking / saying.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 10:43 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

Umm... noo.... but it would be nice to have the choice to go out to a club on occasion.
I have no problem with gay clubs or gays, I just have never been to a gay club and I don't know how they would take us walking in there. I wondered why they are specifically for gays it seems, and none for straight people. That's all I was asking / saying.
I don't know where you're from in the UK but when I went clubbing in the UK, I'd go to a club for the music and sometimes there'd be gay/lesbians there (even though it wasn't targeted at those people). That was fine. We were all there for the music first and foremost and to be honest, (hetero) guys would be hitting on me (I went out with a group of other girls) and I would dispense with them because I was there for the music/dancing.

Anyway, perhaps it hasn't come to your attention yet but in the South, there's some outdated notions amongst some people that being gay/lesbian is an abomination and gays/lesbians in the Triangle face discrimination so that's why there's specific gay/lesbian clubs or club nights so these folks can party without getting bashed.

I guess you wouldn't be up to going to drag bingo then? It ain't just drag queens either. I read in the N&O that there's even women who dress up as drag queens for drag bingo.

I'm definitely planning to go to drag bingo in February if it's still in Durham.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 7:23 pm
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway, he might not be the kind of man attractive to gay men.
Meeeeow.

Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

I don't know where you're from in the UK but when I went clubbing in the UK, I'd go to a club for the music and sometimes there'd be gay/lesbians there (even though it wasn't targeted at those people). That was fine. We were all there for the music first and foremost and to be honest, (hetero) guys would be hitting on me (I went out with a group of other girls) and I would dispense with them because I was there for the music/dancing.

Anyway, perhaps it hasn't come to your attention yet but in the South, there's some outdated notions amongst some people that being gay/lesbian is an abomination and gays/lesbians in the Triangle face discrimination so that's why there's specific gay/lesbian clubs or club nights so these folks can party without getting bashed.

I guess you wouldn't be up to going to drag bingo then? It ain't just drag queens either. I read in the N&O that there's even women who dress up as drag queens for drag bingo.

I'm definitely planning to go to drag bingo in February if it's still in Durham.
Hold on... I hope no one here is getting the impression I'm a homophobe or anything? I have friends in the UK who are gay and I love them to pieces. I'm only asking why these places are for gays and I can't find any straight clubs to go to, mainly because it is their club, aimed at them, and I don't want to go in one and gross THEM out, not the other way round, it isn't fair. They go there to have a good time and to be themselves, I was trying to be respectful to them by trying to find a straight club like that but I guess there aren't any. It's ok, let's drop the subject now because I can sense tension here and it's unnecessary, i was only asking I guess some things aren't meant to be asked, it's ok.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Britinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud of

Hold on... I hope no one here is getting the impression I'm a homophobe or anything? I have friends in the UK who are gay and I love them to pieces. I'm only asking why these places are for gays and I can't find any straight clubs to go to, mainly because it is their club, aimed at them, and I don't want to go in one and gross THEM out, not the other way round, it isn't fair. They go there to have a good time and to be themselves, I was trying to be respectful to them by trying to find a straight club like that but I guess there aren't any. It's ok, let's drop the subject now because I can sense tension here and it's unnecessary, i was only asking I guess some things aren't meant to be asked, it's ok.
I don't think there is any tension Emma. I do hope though (as I think you do) that the day will come when you can just go somewhere to dance and have a good time without worrying about gender, sexual orientation etc of the people in the place. It is true that gay clubs do tend to play cool music, but listening to it probably doesn't turn you gay! If you go to a Mexican restaurant are you expected to be Mexican? I say go and take your husband..there must be a YMCA dance in him somewhere.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:42 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

They are fantastic!!! Best bars in the world. Full stop.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:44 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry ..... most gay people are not that uptight. Go and try it ... have some fun. If it's not your cup of tea then don't go back - but it is definitely worth a try.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.