Reload this Page >

Do you Superbowl?

Wikiposts
View Poll Results: Do you Superbowl?
Yes!
54.17%
No!!
41.67%
Maybe this time, but only if Janet is performing!
4.17%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Do you Superbowl?

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 7:39 am

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future
Default Re: Do you Superbowl?

Originally Posted by Manc
you only don't like it because Cincy are the laughing stock of the league.

Seeing as I can't stand football, I really don't give a flying fig! They do have a beautiful stadium that the tax payers paid for though!
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fatbrit
While we're on this one, why do we the local taxpayers have to pay for their freakin' stadiums? A small paycut of a million or so shouldn't hurt them too much, and they could take a loan like the rest of us have to in order to build their monstrous follies.

I bet the players get their cars on O% finance
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 7:50 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Fella's don't forget to vote for me in the Lounge
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 7:54 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
Hi Fella's don't forget to vote for me in the Lounge
cracking arse avatar
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 7:55 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rogerpenycate
I bet the players get their cars on O% finance

Suprisingly enough, in my encounters there is virtually no correlation between income and credit score. There's quite a high one with intelligence, but I don't think that's where we are on this thread.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 8:00 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
While we're on this one, why do we the local taxpayers have to pay for their freakin' stadiums? A small paycut of a million or so shouldn't hurt them too much, and they could take a loan like the rest of us have to in order to build their monstrous follies.
Aye...lucky thing in maine...nearest teams are the pats, celtics and sox in mass...oh, and expos', again in montreal
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 8:25 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
You've just proved you no nothing about the game. I understand you don't like the sport, but please come with an educated reason why.
Actually my American father-in law went through most of the rules during last years super-bore so I'm pretty clued up on it. An educated reason? Sure. The game is primitive and lacks variety. Primitive because the object is to try and barge your way through your opponents rather than skilfully manover your way through them. The whole object of the game is to advance forward until you get to the end zone...that's about it....oh and it takes an eternity to happen. Of course there are a number of "plays" that determine wether or not you get there. It's also based on Rugby but has NONE of the speed or atheticism of Rugby players. Most of the team members are not required to be particularly gifted (the receivers and quarterback are the exceptions) and are basically used as a human wall.

Hope that was educated enough for you. Sorry but it sucks big time!
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony_2003
Most of the team members are not required to be particularly gifted (the receivers and quarterback are the exceptions) and are basically used as a human wall.
Look, I'm not trying to convert you into becoming a fan. But statements like this one prove your ignorance.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 11:51 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Look, I'm not trying to convert you into becoming a fan. But statements like this one prove your ignorance.
So what finely-honed skills are necessary to be a defensive lineman (besides eating lots)?

And before you get cross, I like American football.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 2:55 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
So what finely-honed skills are necessary to be a defensive lineman (besides eating lots)?

And before you get cross, I like American football.
I would also be intrested in receiving some enlightenment in this...perhaps my "ignorence" in thinking they are overweight, over-rated and over-paid school lesson dodgers could be adjusted
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony_2003
The game is primitive and lacks variety. Primitive because the object is to try and barge your way through your opponents rather than skilfully manover your way through them.

I grant you that some running backs tend to smash their way through lines, but this is what I love about the sport. The players bring it with an "I dare you to try and stop me" mentality. The sight of linebackers lying flat on their backs and asking for the license number of the runaway truck that just flattened them has always thrilled me to the core. Emmit Smith, back in his prime with the Cowboys was that type of runner.

On the other hand, if your looking for runners that "skillfully" manover their way through defenses then Barry Sanders was a prime example of this type of player. If you ever get the chance you should watch a Barry Sanders highlight reel on ESPN sometime. The moves that guy could make would astound even your like.

The point is that American football is a man's sport were the players come right at each other. They don't just try and manouver around each other like in soccer. If you want to try and stop the ball carrier you must get your hands on him, and be ready to get physical- real physical with your opponents. It can get to be a war out on the field some Sundays. I remember the great rivalry games between teems like the Redskins and Cowboys back in the 70's and early 80's. Not to mention teams like the Steelers and Raiders back in the day. These teams didn't have games, they had wars. They would try and brutalize each others quterbacks, I seem to recall Terry Bradshaw being spiked (dropped on his head) a few times by Raiders defensive linemen.

Any ball carrier, whether he was a reciever or a running back, probably prayed while carring the ball. Because he knew he was going to get killed if any defensive player got their mitts on him. Then their was the famous "Bounty Bowl" game between the Jimmy Johnson coached Cowboys and the Buddy Ryan coached Eagles back in 1990. Ryan was rumored to have placed bounties on the heads of key Cowboys players, not the least of which was quarterback Troy Aikman. Essentially, any Eagles defensive player that manged to injure a Cowboys offensive player too badly to retrun to the game would receive a substancial payoff. I believe the bounty on Aikman's head was in the tens of thousands of dollars. There was something like a $5'000 bounty on the Cowboys place kicker.

You get the idea.

Last edited by Jabba1; Feb 2nd 2005 at 4:35 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 1:46 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be interested in your ideas for improvement if you're willing to share.

well it would be a start.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 1:59 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jabba1
The point is that American football is a man's sport were the players come right at each other. They don't just try and manouver around each other like in soccer. If you want to try and stop the ball carrier you must get your hands on him, and be ready to get physical- real physical with your opponents. It can get to be a war out on the field some Sundays. I remember the great rivalry games between teems like the Redskins and Cowboys back in the 70's and early 80's. Not to mention teams like the Steelers and Raiders back in the day. These teams didn't have games, they had wars. They would try and brutalize each others quterbacks, I seem to recall Terry Bradshaw being spiked (dropped on his head) a few times by Raiders defensive linemen.
If that's the only real plus to the game, still prefer rugby, less pads, more brunt, less breaks and more fluid play.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

canucker is a jewel in the roughcanucker is a jewel in the roughcanucker is a jewel in the roughcanucker is a jewel in the rough

Yep! Tom Brady..... humana humana!!!! Juicy

Seriously though, yes, and the Pats are my team and WE WILL WIN AGAIN!
Old Feb 4th 2005, 12:49 am
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by canucker
Yep! Tom Brady..... humana humana!!!! Juicy

Seriously though, yes, and the Pats are my team and WE WILL WIN AGAIN!
nothing like supporting your local team eh?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.