Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

DNA test for executed rapist... the result is ?

DNA test for executed rapist... the result is ?

Old Jan 13th 2006, 7:50 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DNA test for executed rapist... the result is ?

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I'm sorry but it just doesn't read that way to me.

You quite clearly state here that the way the woman dressed caused HER rape. Maybe you're the one that doesn't get it.
Oh ffs - her clothing must obviously have been a contributory factor if it led to the rapist selecting her as his victim - you can read into that statement what you will.
It seems to be you who is taking that comment as me saying that she desevred to be raped. I never said that and by the time the thread ended you seemed to be the only person who thought that I did.

Perhaps it is because we were talking specifically about this case and not about generalities. (1)The man was not her boyfriend/lover (2) and denied having had sex with her....full stop. Consensual sex was never an option. Why did you bring it up?
I, along with FatBrit took the OP as meaning that the DNA evidence conclusively proved this man's guilt. My point is that it didn't, and never could. All the other evidence brought up during his trial took care of that but DNA evidence never can.
If my point isn't strictly related to this thread then that's fine - that doesn't mean that its wrong though and you're trying to say that it is.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 7:50 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarlM
Davy, I happen to be with you on this one.. people can pretend it isnt so or actually say it, but everyone knows the truth. You take steps to protect yourself, and dressing accordingly is one way to protect yourself. I dont think that implies anything other than using sense!
That particular theory was repeatedly disproved in that thread though. Do you actually know (or even ever heard of) anybody that has been raped because of what they were wearing?

Where do you get that idea and what (facts) do you base your opinion on?
Old Jan 13th 2006, 7:51 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
My crystal hamster is telling me this thread will soon be moved or locked....
I hope so
Old Jan 13th 2006, 7:53 pm
Thinking about it

That particular theory was repeatedly disproved in that thread though. Do you actually know (or even ever heard of) anybody that has been raped because of what they were wearing?

Sorry Leslie - I don't know what came over me there. How stupid of me to forget that you are in fact infallable.

You win, well done
Old Jan 13th 2006, 7:58 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Sorry Leslie - I don't know what came over me there. How stupid of me to forget that you are in fact infallable.

You win, well done
Yes I acknowledge all of that. Just out of curiosity, what does my infallibility have to do with what triggers a rapist's urges?
Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:03 pm
Thinking about it

Yes I acknowledge all of that. Just out of curiosity, what does my infallibility have to do with what triggers a rapist's urges?
Nothing, but it has a lot to do with this thread.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:05 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

=
I, along with FatBrit took the OP as meaning that the DNA evidence conclusively proved this man's guilt. My point is that it didn't, and never could. All the other evidence brought up during his trial took care of that but DNA evidence never can.
I still believe it did. You are taking one piece out of proportion. I concur DNA alone did NOT prove his guilt BUT DNA in this test, WITH all the other evidence DID prove his guilt. Beyond doubt - on ANY JURY I am on, with the evidence I have seen.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:05 pm
WTF?

Oh ffs - her clothing must obviously have been a contributory factor if it led to the rapist selecting her as his victim - <snip>
LOL..... but YOU'RE the only one who said that clothing led the rapist to choose his victim!!

No rapist has said it.
No victim has said it.
No police detective has said it.
No psychologist has said it

Just YOU and others that are as misguided as YOU!
Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:07 pm
WTF?

Nothing, but it has a lot to do with this thread.
Yet I'm the undermining debator.....
Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:08 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by franc11s
I still believe it did. You are taking one piece out of proportion. I concur DNA alone did NOT prove his guilt BUT DNA in this test, WITH all the other evidence DID prove his guilt. Beyond doubt - on ANY JURY I am on, with the evidence I have seen.
Exactly. The point of the DNA testing was to prove his innocence, which it did not. He had already been found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:14 pm
Thinking about it

LOL..... but YOU'RE the only one who said that clothing led the rapist to choose his victim!!

No rapist has said it.
No victim has said it.
No police detective has said it.
No psychologist has said it

Just YOU and others that are as misguided as YOU!
I admire your attempt to speak for every rapist, rape victim, police detective and psychologist that has ever lived.

(No I wasn't the only one to say this, but you seem to be the ONLY one to say that its not the case)
Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:15 pm
Thinking about it

Exactly. The point of the DNA testing was to prove his innocence, which it did not. He had already been found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
Ok, so what does that have to do with me saying that DNA testing will never be enough on its own to convict any person of any crime, its just one piece of the jigsaw.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:17 pm
WTF?

I admire your attempt to speak for every rapist, rape victim, police detective and psychologist that has ever lived.

(No I wasn't the only one to say this, but you seem to be the ONLY one to say that its not the case)
Unlike you who only speaks for the rapist?

There were many participants in that thread (some of who were law enforcement personnel, rape victims, and mental health workers) there were also links to studies as well as rape statistics. None of them supported your theory.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:19 pm
WTF?

Ok, so what does that have to do with me saying that DNA testing will never be enough on its own to convict any person of any crime, its just one piece of the jigsaw.
Nothing..... nobody said it did. Are you feeling ok?
Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:20 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Where did i say it was a cause of rape? Where did i make any reference to rape in my post?

It was neither proven or disproved, as it was never scientific fact. It was my supposition and wasnt related to rape, it was a general statement following on from Davys comment about soccer shirts. I said that appropriate clothing is one way to protect yourself.

Given an extreme, go into a Synagogue wearing a swastika t-shirt, and send someone else in with a non-offensive clothing. Does dressing appropriately reduce the risk of an attack?.. Of course it does.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.