Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Disappointed fiancee

Disappointed fiancee

Old Jun 14th 2001, 1:34 pm
Ruth Malcolm

Hey,

I agree wholeheartedly with xrogerx. Your a great guy, just like mine!

Ruth

>
    >
    >
    >
you
    >
one
    >
means
    >
only
    >
    >
    >
should
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
the
    >
the
    >
and
    >
something,
    >
    >
    >
reason,
    >
to
    >
back
    >
    >
    >
"go
    >
    >
flow"
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
heart
    >

Old Jun 15th 2001, 2:22 am
billypilgrim

----------
in message

>
[usenetquote2]>> Each of us has to follow what path they choose. The secret is not to whine and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> complain about it when the path leads to a bog and you start to sink.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Rita (who has no patience for people who bitch about the lives they created for[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> themselves when reality doesn't meet fantasy)[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
But only once every ten months?!?!?! I've NEVER met a guy like that!! Hahaha.

Beth

Old Jun 15th 2001, 2:57 am

I am 7500 miles away from him and letting him fly monthly via Cathay Pacific or Northwest is unfair for him. If you're the guy, don't you think so! I bet you will be filing chapter 7 or chapter 11 perhaps. If you are the fiancee, would you let him spend that much fares and accomodations monthly or quarterly? If you love him, I think you would not let him be financially depleted or else there would never be left for the rainy season for both of you.
Some people here are just too arrogant! You'll never know you could be a victim one of these days of the days to come. Just make sure the person you are marrying or have married to is not wearing a mask. Or else you'll learn the lesssons of Compassion. Then you would look back and think why. Life is a game and there are rules to follow. (From the book, If life is game, these are the rules)

Old Jun 15th 2001, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

pjane1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just curious...why haven't you made a trip to the US to see him? This could possibly be your new home and you might want to see what his living arrangements and life-style are like.
Old Jun 15th 2001, 10:52 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Some ladies are unable to get tourist visas from the US Consulates in their country to visit the US because the "defection rate" is so high. Once they get to the US, they don't go home.

As for "guest", you emphasized once again the monetary aspect of your relationship with your USC fiancee. For the record, my husband had the ability to drive to visit with me but he did fly to the US from Ottawa for our first Thanksgiving together to ask my children for their permission to marry their mother. I, in turn, flew to Ottawa for three visits that following year. Plane fare wasn't cheap but it didn't deplete my finances either.

You left yourself open for this type of response when you lauded his praise because of his many gifts to you and having left you $1,000 to use any way you wished. So don't complain about the responses you get when money seems to be the most important criteria to your relationship. Enjoy your visit with him when he arrives. Perhaps he will have a few more trinkets to leave with you.

BTW he doesn't need his birth certificate. Since he owns a passport, he could use that for the I-129F instead. So that argument is out the window as to why he hasn't filed the I-129F yet.

Rita
Old Jun 16th 2001, 1:06 am
billypilgrim

Oh, I'm sorry, my mistake. When you asked a personal, non-immigration question about
what the group thought of your fiancé's delay tactics, we assumed you wanted ADVICE!
We didn't realize it was a hypothetical question.

Next time you ask a question, shall we just ignore it? Especially a question that is
best asked your fiancé. If you can't ask him about getting married, how will you
handle the inevitable pitfalls that every marriage has?

Beth

----------

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >