Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Directions in NY

Directions in NY

Old Dec 11th 2003, 1:42 am
Just Joined

maxeddings is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Directions in NY

I will be visiting New York soon. How do I get from the Newark airport to the 100 block of East 48th in Manhattan? I don't want to to take a taxi and have heard that I can somehow take a train, but don't know where to catch it and where to get off. Thanks
Old Dec 11th 2003, 4:33 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

try this link,

http://www.panynj.gov/aviation/egrtfram.htm

or

www.airtrainnewark.com

you catch a monorail to the path trains that take you to NY, think its penn station, from there you will be able to get a subway to where ever you are going. I would catch a cab though to make it easier on yourself first arriving. Newark airport is pretty well sign posted so you should be ok.

Find out the avenue as well as the street e.g 48th st and 7th ave or 7th st between 2nd and 3rd ave thats generally how people will state the address of a place in NYC. Streets come first then aves
Old Dec 11th 2003, 12:46 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Lemme see if this works!

Old Dec 12th 2003, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

Bookworm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Directions in NY

Originally posted by maxeddings
I will be visiting New York soon. How do I get from the Newark airport to the 100 block of East 48th in Manhattan? I don't want to to take a taxi and have heard that I can somehow take a train, but don't know where to catch it and where to get off. Thanks

Take the Supershuttle (17$) but you might end up with a bunch of people who have their drop-off before you so it might take longer. But definitely a good option especially if you don't feel like hurling you luggage with public transportation.

Or: take the Bus "Coach USA" that goes to Penn Station or Grand Central and from their on the subway over to the East Side.
12$ one way or 19$ round trip.