Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Did you have fun today!

Wikiposts

Did you have fun today!

Old Nov 1st 2013, 6:53 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did you have fun today?

Originally Posted by cindyabs
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Awwwww, don't upset him..
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 1:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did you have fun today!

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
You're getting around a bit this year, if you don't mind me saying so. 10 hours and 600(?) miles and still in the same state in fact, still a couple of hundred miles to the state line, no? How far you heading?

Ps..costume..
Pps...trick or treaters very thin on the ground this year, even though the rain was long gone before dark we didn't even get rid of all our candy, so now I'm gonna have to save the candy the kids collected last year and give it out next year......does candy have a sell by date

Marfa today, then Big Bend. Tomorrow we are heading back toward Langtry, to see Judge Roy Beans place and then home Corpus way. It's been fun so far.
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 1:59 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
NO!

Next year, I will stand on the corner with my "treat bag" and pass out the goodies !!!

That's a different sort of trade surely??!!!!
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 5:04 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Marfa today, then Big Bend. Tomorrow we are heading back toward Langtry, to see Judge Roy Beans place and then home Corpus way. It's been fun so far.
Marfa....UFO central....hope you've got your tinfoil hat!

I've never been to the west of pecos/south of I-10 corner, but it looks gorgeous out that way.
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 2:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Marfa....UFO central....hope you've got your tinfoil hat!

I've never been to the west of pecos/south of I-10 corner, but it looks gorgeous out that way.
Marfa is a cool place. Lots of gallery's and art shows. Didn't see any UFO's but there was a film crew setting up tonight, waiting for the "lights"

Big Bend was amazing as usual and we spent some time in Terlingua at the Ghost Town which was really cool

You need to take a trip out West young man
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 3:22 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Marfa is a cool place. Lots of gallery's and art shows. Didn't see any UFO's but there was a film crew setting up tonight, waiting for the "lights"

Big Bend was amazing as usual and we spent some time in Terlingua at the Ghost Town which was really cool

You need to take a trip out West young man
I do, I do...its these flippin school vacation thingies that get in the way...12 weeks in the summer and sod all for the rest of the year.. Too many places to go, but you can't do em all in the summer!
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
You're not in Essex anymore!
Duh, obviously! she has the green bucket in her hand and not a white hand bag at her feet
Old Nov 4th 2013, 2:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Duh, obviously! she has the green bucket in her hand and not a white hand bag at her feet
Old Nov 4th 2013, 2:38 am
Account Closed

I do, I do...its these flippin school vacation thingies that get in the way...12 weeks in the summer and sod all for the rest of the year.. Too many places to go, but you can't do em all in the summer!
I do recommend a trip to Langtry to see Judge Roy Bean's Saloon and Courthouse.
It is near Del Rio just off Hwy90. The place is set out so well, and tells the story of the Judge, Lily Langtry and the pet bear. It is also free entry which is always a plus!

There is also an amazing cactus garden right next to it that you can look around. It was a great place to stop at and finish off our trip. Then we had the long trek home.Arrived back late last night and have today at home to recover
Old Nov 4th 2013, 8:48 am
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Only just saw this thread - We had a ton of fun! It was our little boy's first 'real' Halloween and it was cool going trick or treating around the neighborhood.

We actually had a ton of trick or treaters this year, way more than last year (though our subdivision is nearly finished now and there were a lot more empty lots last year). We had a hoot and sat out front with the other 5-6 houses in our cul-de-sac chatting, eating candy and generally having a good time. I love Halloween - we never did anything like this in the UK.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 8:06 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Sooooooooooooooo bored at work today. Hotel was full of Girl Scouts and Middle Schoolers (Oivey!) so noisey yesterday, couldn't hear yourself think. Today deader than a door nail, so have been rocking out to the radio they broadcast, blast from the past it is. I got up and went into the women's bathroom and danced (they were playing Tequila).
Old Nov 7th 2013, 11:38 am
Account Closed

Sooooooooooooooo bored at work today. Hotel was full of Girl Scouts and Middle Schoolers (Oivey!) so noisey yesterday, couldn't hear yourself think. Today deader than a door nail, so have been rocking out to the radio they broadcast, blast from the past it is. I got up and went into the women's bathroom and danced (they were playing Tequila).
Woo-hoo
Old Nov 7th 2013, 11:10 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

I got up and went into the women's bathroom and danced
This wouldn't go well for me.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 2:37 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
This wouldn't go well for me.
What if you wore your Halloween costume? Maybe that would help?
Old Nov 8th 2013, 3:56 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
What if you wore your Halloween costume? Maybe that would help?
You think a layer of Vaseline would make that much difference?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.