Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Did anyone.........

Did anyone.........

Old Nov 6th 2003, 12:25 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Did anyone.........

set off some fireworks tonight?
We had a little spur of the moment firework display in the back garden this evening, and the kids loved it. Nice not having my feet turn to blocks of ice standing in a field waiting for the local display to start for once.
Was a bit dissapointed with the fireworks though. They looked good in the box, seems like you get loads for your money, but the reality was they were all the same and a bit pathetic. Just different names and wrapping.
Old Nov 6th 2003, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, but it did make me think back to walking down to Midsummers common in Cambridge and then freezing my ass off to the point of where I cannot feel my toes, to watch the public firework display, while everybody goes ooooo and ahhhhhh and then drops some silver into a pikeys hand at the fair on the way back.

Hopefully my brother will send me some pics of my nephew and nieces firework party tomorrow.
Old Nov 6th 2003, 12:52 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

NO, it just isn't any fun without my dad trying to hit 'Old Girl Braxton's' washing line with rockets!

Yes he did that!
Old Nov 6th 2003, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Jxab12 is an unknown quantity at this point

We used to do the Midsummer common thing too - what good memories (and then get drunk in the Fort St George with thousands of others or the BoatHouse or the Free Press). Thankfully we didn't have far to fall home. Oh and we didnt have kids which helped too!
Old Nov 6th 2003, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Fireworks are illegal in this bit of Michigan ... only allowed those puny lil indoor type ones... no fun at all !!!

Jan :\
Old Nov 7th 2003, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

ArsNo2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Did anyone.........

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
set off some fireworks tonight?
We had a little spur of the moment firework display in the back garden this evening, and the kids loved it. Nice not having my feet turn to blocks of ice standing in a field waiting for the local display to start for once.
Was a bit dissapointed with the fireworks though. They looked good in the box, seems like you get loads for your money, but the reality was they were all the same and a bit pathetic. Just different names and wrapping.
Not sure that you would actually want to be back in England at the moment - 5th November doesn't seem to exist anymore - fireworks started going off nightly about 2 weeks ago - and they're still at it - lots of organised displays are happening this next Saturday.

Just heard some go off at about 12.30am outside - everyone keeps moaning about the continual noise, especially my Dad - he's driving us all potty about it.

Just think on the bright side - you're over in the US with good memories of Bonfire nights of old to give you a nice warm feeling.....
Old Nov 8th 2003, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Fireworks are, unfortunately , illegal in NY...

I could still buy a Gun from a supermarket though!
Old Nov 8th 2003, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

There's talk in Britain of banning them next year. We have restrictions on fireworks here in FL, but you can still buy them.
Old Nov 8th 2003, 5:08 am
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

I hope they don't ban fireworks in England...

The kids in Preston would have to resort to other forms of entertainment between September and January each year!