Reload this Page >

Desperate retailers

Wikiposts

Desperate retailers

Old Nov 12th 2008, 4:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Desperate retailers

A USC friend of mine did comment the other day that there is a difference in outlook, Americans are much more optomistic and as soon as they see light at the end of the tunnel they will go for it.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 4:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
A USC friend of mine did comment the other day that there is a difference in outlook, Americans are much more optomistic and as soon as they see light at the end of the tunnel they will go for it.
I admit, I'm still thinking... stock market crashes usually around October. And generally comes back.

I think many are waiting to buy in until it looks like the thing has quit crashing.

And I've been saying if the media would stop saying the sky is falling for 10 minutes, perhaps things might perk back up.

So I'm being the yank who does still think perhaps we'll have a rebound.

I do however, freely admit, this is really really spectacular, and not like most years. So I'm crossing my fingers and worrying also.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
I admit, I'm still thinking... stock market crashes usually around October. And generally comes back.

I think many are waiting to buy in until it looks like the thing has quit crashing.

And I've been saying if the media would stop saying the sky is falling for 10 minutes, perhaps things might perk back up.

So I'm being the yank who does still think perhaps we'll have a rebound.

I do however, freely admit, this is really really spectacular, and not like most years. So I'm crossing my fingers and worrying also.
I'm with you Tracy. I got all my digits crossed....and you all thought I had dyslexic fingers
Old Nov 12th 2008, 4:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Janek66
I'm with you Tracy. I got all my digits crossed....and you all thought I had dyslexic fingers
Well toes are an easy addition. When especially motivated, I add crossing hair and teeth.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:16 am
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Well toes are an easy addition. When especially motivated, I add crossing hair and teeth.
See? Us Brits always said you yanks have funny wobbly twisty teeth
Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by englishinfl
See? Us Brits always said you yanks have funny wobbly twisty teeth
Only when I cross them
Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:20 am
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Who's idea was it, to make the word "dyslexic" so hard to spell?
Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:22 am
Banned

Only when I cross them

LoL!
I was waiting for the fall out from some of the more the indignant americans about my last comment. I could be on the "hate list" you realise that?
Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute

Who's idea was it, to make the word "dyslexic" so hard to spell?
I like solipsism....gotta be dreadful with a lisp
Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

LoL!
I was waiting for the fall out from some of the more the indignant americans about my last comment. I could be on the "hate list" you realise that?
Oh well, they'll get over it
Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh well, they'll get over it
Indeed they will, I thought it was funny
Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:38 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I wonder what light they are seeing....
So lately I've been working at home a lot, and not going out and about shopping. We're remodeling, I'm busy. But now we're starting to need some of those finishing items, so yesterday I braved the day and hit the shops for some little wall shelves, mirrors etc. and even during off hours, these stores all had customers wandering around with loaded trolleys and armloads of clothes. GOOD foot traffic. Parking lots were full.. it was much busier than I expected.

And my client in the tourist town, who sells nothing necessary but everything desirable, is meeting last years' numbers. Is everyone being patriotic, or in ostrich-like denial?

Prices were not that good, btw. I stopped in Linens & Things for their big blowout.. 20% off? I could get a coupon for that much off any day of the year before they went bankrupt, and prices appeared inflated.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by meauxna
I wonder what light they are seeing....
So lately I've been working at home a lot, and not going out and about shopping. We're remodeling, I'm busy. But now we're starting to need some of those finishing items, so yesterday I braved the day and hit the shops for some little wall shelves, mirrors etc. and even during off hours, these stores all had customers wandering around with loaded trolleys and armloads of clothes. GOOD foot traffic. Parking lots were full.. it was much busier than I expected.

And my client in the tourist town, who sells nothing necessary but everything desirable, is meeting last years' numbers. Is everyone being patriotic, or in ostrich-like denial?

Prices were not that good, btw. I stopped in Linens & Things for their big blowout.. 20% off? I could get a coupon for that much off any day of the year before they went bankrupt, and prices appeared inflated.
I know, I was very disappointed in Linens & Things also. 20% is a joke.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

I know, I was very disappointed in Linens & Things also. 20% is a joke.
The media are all doom and gloom, scare mongering I think.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The media are all doom and gloom, scare mongering I think.
Yes, the media isn't the whole problem, obvously - but I do think they are contributing to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.