Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Desperate retailers

Wikiposts

Desperate retailers

Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Desperate retailers

Originally Posted by englishinfl
You big baby!
It's not just the road size, but the fact that there's no hedges around them here that makes them look bigger I think.
I prefer the road manners of people at home compared to the area where I am too. There's random stupidity, and then there's total gross ignorance and couldn't give a toss about anyone else syndrome, I tend to see the latter on a daily basis here.
I see the latter all the time. Particularly if I drive in to Virginia. The VA drivers seem to think they have more right to be on the road because their vehicles are bigger and they have a VA license plate. I see some ridulous things. One time on a major road, 3 lanes in each direction two idiots got out of their cars and started swinging at each other. One guy managed to back the other up in to oncoming traffic.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:37 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer the road manners of people at home compared to the area where I am too. There's random stupidity, and then there's total gross ignorance and couldn't give a toss about anyone else syndrome, I tend to see the latter on a daily basis here.
Be fair! You live in freakin' Florida.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:53 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
But if we all drove one, for long distances - think of the boom there would be in business for chiropractors
They're quite comfy and pretty roomie though which is a surprise..
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
They're quite comfy and pretty roomie though which is a surprise..
Well.... if you say so....

I admit, I've never been in one - but I do find it a surprise.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:03 am
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Be fair! You live in freakin' Florida.
True dat!
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:11 am
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Janek66
I see the latter all the time. Particularly if I drive in to Virginia. The VA drivers seem to think they have more right to be on the road because their vehicles are bigger and they have a VA license plate. I see some ridulous things. One time on a major road, 3 lanes in each direction two idiots got out of their cars and started swinging at each other. One guy managed to back the other up in to oncoming traffic.

Half the cars round here in winter are from out of state anyway, and I don't know that anyone discriminates because the out of staters are just as bad, but ridiculous situations and general stupidity seem to abound on a daily basis on my commute, to and from.

Oh and Meux.. I had an Ontario plate scream past me in a 35 limit last week, he was about 70 years old and must have been doing around 60mph on the small single lane road we were on, stupid thing was he did it to turn into the "55 and over" mobile park about 1/3 of a mile further down the road. Bloody Canadians
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:32 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
Well.... if you say so....

I admit, I've never been in one - but I do find it a surprise.
brother used to have one and a mate had one as a loaner and he's built like a brick shit house and he was able to fit in pretty well...so yeah a surprise. I wouldn't want one as it looks shite, but being a small motor isn't a detractor for it.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:35 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and Meux.. I had an Ontario plate scream past me in a 35 limit last week, he was about 70 years old and must have been doing around 60mph on the small single lane road we were on, stupid thing was he did it to turn into the "55 and over" mobile park about 1/3 of a mile further down the road. Bloody Canadians
lolz, prolly one of my ancient cousins.. the place is thick with them down there.
Notice I live in the absolute opposite corner from Fla, and as far from Nova Scotia as I can?
Plus, I'm only half Canadian.

Seriously, Florida had some of the worst driving I've ever seen.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:52 am
Banned

Originally Posted by meauxna
lolz, prolly one of my ancient cousins.. the place is thick with them down there.
Notice I live in the absolute opposite corner from Fla, and as far from Nova Scotia as I can?
Plus, I'm only half Canadian.

Seriously, Florida had some of the worst driving I've ever seen.
He was definately somebody's ancient cousin, that's for sure!
And living that far away isn't gonna save you, there's a canadian invasion going on at the moment

Yeah, well if you dd the Miami thing, then I'd have to agree, I thought people were inconsiderate here until I drove down there for a few days!
Providence, RI was pretty memorable too, even the US driver from FL that was with us had trouble believing the nutters up there.. like being honked and waved to move forward by the car behind because you're in the middle of the city and WON"T go through that red light into the jam up of traffic that's already in the intersection?? Come on now. Or them refusing to let people into traffic when coming off the interstate and then flicking you off when you get forced into having to get in by the semi behind you? Crazy.
Don't even mention NYC.